We're going to have to use sposies for now :'(

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

We're going to have to use sposies for now :'(

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I have given up :cry:

We live in a 32ft x 10ft caravan with no radiaters or washing machine/dryer. I have to hike over the field to the MIL to wash nappies and then dry them on an airer in front of the wood burner. It's taking days and days to just get one load dry.

My hubby is supposed to be finishing the extension so that he can fit our own washer and dryer but I can't wait any longer. Our wardrobes are bare and I have a mountain of washing to do (and dry). So something has to give, cloth is going to have to give way to sposies until everything is sorted. Maybe if I make Mat pay for the sposies, he'll get on with the extension. :twisted:

I am so gutted but I am fed up of the mess and feeling like a failure for not being able to keep up :cry:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: We're going to have to use sposies for now :'(

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:48 pm

No wonder you are fed up, anyone would be in that situation. You have done amazingly well to use cloth at all in those circumstances :hug:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:55 pm

It's fine in the summer but not now. Not until I have a dryer. The airer take up a 1/4 of our living room floor space lol.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Bugglyboo wrote:It's fine in the summer but not now. Not until I have a dryer. The airer take up a 1/4 of our living room floor space lol.

I can imagine. We have a big house and I still get fed up of the airer being in the way in the winter. Hopefully once Spring is here you can go back to cloth, so it's not forever x

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Hopefully hubby will have done the extension by spring. Otherwise I'm moving out lol.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:No wonder you are fed up, anyone would be in that situation. You have done amazingly well to use cloth at all in those circumstances :hug:

Exactly the, well done for persevering so long!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:14 pm

You've done well to use them for this long :) think of all the sposies you've saved so using them over winter kind of balances it all out ;)

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Don't be hard on yourself as you've done an AMAZING job using them until now and should be so happy with that :thumbsup: :hug: It does sound like it would be beneficial for you to use sposies for a wee while though and you know that they won't harm Eddie at all. Ok, so it compromises some of your preferences environmentally, comfort wise etc but sposies really aren't evil and you have to make a decision that works for your family in the here and now. Plus think how much more wonderful his cloth bum will seem once the laundry situation is sorted or you're able to dry outside again :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Cloth is only the best option when it works for you. Don't be hard on yourself, you've done more than most others would. I don't think I could face my MIL every day, even to use her washing machine!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat