hf1

Short Trip Nappy Q

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Short Trip Nappy Q

Postby Nimyue » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:51 am

We're going to London for about 24-30 hours and taking DD with us. It's a 3-4 hour drive each way for us, then we're staying at a hotel.

So I guess I need some sposies???? I cringe inside just thinking of buying them these days!!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Short Trip Nappy Q

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Well you don't have to.....! do you have a couple of big wet bags and enough nappies to last the trip?? Then just put a wash on as soon as you come home? We have taken nappies away for a 2 day trip, and are planning to for our week abroad in april.
But if sposies will be easier for you-then do whatever suits u guys best!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:22 pm

I would just take a days worth of nappies plus a couple extra, they will be fine in a wetbag until you get home x

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:23 pm

I agree with the ladies above, just take a couple of days worth of nappies and wet bags. Wash them when you get back. We regularly do short stays with family and I just take 12 nappies, a big wetbag and a small nappy bucket. :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:38 pm

I always take cloth. Went to tunisia for a week and took cloth there and hand washed every night. Wasnt actually as much work as you would think cos I soaked them overnight and then washed them in the morning. Anyways I digress. If you have any prefolds, I would take those as they take up far far less room than any other type of nappies so you can take a few extra and not have to wory about space, and then you can fit more into the wetbags too

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Yep, I agree, just have a couple of wetbags. I haven't used a,sposie on DD in nearly 2.5 years and have done a few trips away.

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Ok I just ordered a large wetbag that zips closed. I paid for 1st class post so fc it's here by wed! I'll take my 14 tots bots with me and a couple ittis as those are my smallest nappies! I really shudder at putting paper on her bum now that I'm used to soft cloth :giggle:

A related question: We'll be flying to Texas from Manchester in a month and when we land we'll be staying on a military base with access to public washers and dryers... should I just do cloth or sposies on the plane? Unlike a car trip where I have lots of space, the plane is a bit tight for packing...

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:57 pm

We do the same, take enough nappies to last the trip, plus a couple of spare, and an XL wetbag and wash when we get home.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Nimyue wrote:Ok I just ordered a large wetbag that zips closed. I paid for 1st class post so fc it's here by wed! I'll take my 14 tots bots with me and a couple ittis as those are my smallest nappies! I really shudder at putting paper on her bum now that I'm used to soft cloth :giggle:

A related question: We'll be flying to Texas from Manchester in a month and when we land we'll be staying on a military base with access to public washers and dryers... should I just do cloth or sposies on the plane? Unlike a car trip where I have lots of space, the plane is a bit tight for packing...

I would pop bubs in a night nappy :wink: and then take a nappy to change her into and a spare or 2 just incase of poops.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat