hf1

Short Trip Nappy Q

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Short Trip Nappy Q

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:37 pm

We done trips away for 2 nights and just took an extra wet bag.
I felt that I washed every 2-3 days so this was no different - we just had the dirty nappies in a bag with us in the hotel or car rather than in the bucket at home

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 pm

We take an xl wet bag when we go to my parents for the weekend.It's a 4-5 hour drive.In the car I put on a well boosted nappy and sometimes change halfway,sometimes not.

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:37 pm

I've taken cloth away for 4 nights with no washing facilities - just brought a lot of dirty nappies home with me!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 pm

For the plane journey I would just use disposables. Travelling can be stressful enough without having to worry about if they poop too many times etc.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:19 pm

I went to cyprus with 6 kids and used cloth 100% so you know what I will say lol!!!

I used prefolds in wraps mainly for the journeys and popped a hemp booster in for the plane!! Enjoy your trip!!

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:46 pm

I think if I snag a house to rent before we leave, then I'll travel with cloth. If we're stuck in a hotel for a few days searching for a place I don't think I want the hassle!

There's a good possibility we'll have a house to move into right away for a few months before we find a house to buy. If that's the case I'm travelling in cloth since the day I land I'll have my own washing machine!

The trip to London was easy with cloth. Thanks to all you lovely ladies who gave me courage to do it! The wet bag I ordered didn't show up until we got back tho :giggle: I just used an old sleepingbag travel bag. It worked fine, but I'll be glad to have the wet bag for the plane trip :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat