hf1

Enough in my stash?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Enough in my stash?

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Thank you ladies, and for your kind offers too :D . I plan to have more wool soakers too but I don't have any GN stuff to knit up just now. Having so many nappies is all new to me because I didn't use cloth with the boys until around 4 months old! xx

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:33 pm

I have about 30 size 1s - little lambs mainly plus some diddys,xs and s sandies, 2 xs dnfs, 8 nature babies loveables and some bimbles.All in all about 25 nb size and 30 smalls.I'd rather have too many than not enough.I think I would struggle with less than 15-20 at a time that fitted.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Aahhhh I went through 6 nappies one night with Flora everytime I put one on she pooped. Once they settle down a bit if your organised I'm sure you could manage with a small ish stash most of mine is obsessive shopping on my part and not nesessity.
Pre folds you can pick up for about 50p I got mio's left over from DS and I now use them for booster's in night nappies j was the same and refused to buy loads of smalls that wouldn't get used much.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Little lamb quite often have some on special offer without the boosters, maybe you could get some of these and just use other random boosters in them if needed.

http://www.littlelambnappies.com/special-offers

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks to a few ffp offers and a loan of a nb/small stash I will have plenty for when bubba arrives. I have some wraps, teenyfits, diddys, prefolds ect coming to me so that should see me through with ease until baby outgrows them all!

Genuine massive thanks for the super kind offers ladies xxx

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I know you're sorted now, but we got on really well with some terry squares in the first few weeks. Had lots of other fitteds, but this bulked out my stash nicely, I loved using them (appeals to my inner 50s housewife!), and they have stayed in regular daily use to the present day! Portable change mats, emergency insert for fitteds, mop, wipe etc. I'd not be without them!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:05 pm

I would maybe go for some size 2 bamboo stretches from tb, they fit from quite small and last forever, so should work perfectly for you.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:11 pm

WTS - newborns go through lots of nappies. They only have to poo a second after you ve put a new one on! Cheeky monkeys!
Bulk out with Cheap fitteds or prefolds. I second that diddy diapers probably too small. Prefolds with a nippa as was suggested would be good to make you wraps stretch further. Also can be used well for nappy free time/ before or after bath etc

Xxxx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:39 pm

terry squares! perfect for newborns and super super cheap bet you could get some ffp too :wink:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat