What to use at night?

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What to use at night?

Postby Pinchette » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:15 pm

Good evening,
First of all sorry if this question has already been answered a thousand times.
Well, all my nappies have been washed and are now trying to dry in the utility room. Hopefully tonight is the last night I'm using a dispo. However
I'm a bit worried about using a real nappy for the whole night.

I have 2 Huggles, 1 fleece pocket minky which are suitable to use at night but I'm not sure what to stuff them with and how many inserts/boosters to put in. I'm still very confused about boosters and inserts.
Any advise would be more than welcome.

And also, how do you know if your baby is a heavy wetter or not?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:26 am

Those nappies you have got for nights are ones we have/are using for nights. I love my slinki minki pocket for nights, i do boost it quite alot as i think Evie is quite a heavy wetter. I tend to put in a Microfibre booster, plus about 3/4 m/f cloths too folded into two/three's. Sometimes a hemp booster goes in there too, depends on what is available. We have never had any problems with it but i do also put over that nappy a pair of longies that are very well lanolised now as i got them preloved. We use them as PJ bottoms instead of as a wrap with the pocket not needing a wrap.

In the past we used huggles too, well just one to be precise, which was a fantastic night nappy but we sold ours on eventually as we got really bad red leg marks from it but it was very absorbant. Another one i use at night is a preloved bamboo bumbeano which is great as that also has a pocket to add more boosting but that one does need a wrap so again we use wool longies.

HTH you abit.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:36 pm

Heh giselle, I have a few different ones, hemp/terry Stuffies, terry Stuffie, 2 Bumbles and a huggle I only use in emergency now as I can't be bothered with the bulk!!

Hemp really is a godsend at night as its so absorbant and not bulky at all. If you can sew you can get a metre of it from babeco.co.uk for £8 and you can make loads up for that (they are fairly pricey - my EH hemp one was £4.50)

I think the best advice is to overboost at night and then adjust as suits Kiara. Louis is quite a heavy wetter and I boost a huggle with 1 mf cloth (3 for under a pound at Tescos etc) and 1 hemp booster (4 layers of hemp).

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on! :D

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:05 pm

Thank you very much, that helped a lot. What a great idea Tory to buy some fabric. I can't sew but I'll buy some anyway and...improvise.lol

Gisele

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 am

Giselle, the stuff I got is the Hemp fleece, its like tshirt material. When we were at MIL's at xmas I made up about 8 inserts and then had a big bit left over that I thought I'd sew when I got back. I STILL haven't done it :oops: :roll: and it hasnt' frayed at all, I use it in night nappies and it gives me 6 layers when folded up. The only thing that it has done is that the edges have rolled a bit which isn't a big deal as I never put hemp next to Louis so there is always soemthing between him and it iyswim!! Anyway just wanted to say it is doable even not sewed and you caould always just hand stitch around the edges which would probably stop the rolling. let me know if you want some dimensions of the EH ones or in the DIY section there are some sizes for Stuffins and some other inserts.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:31 pm

Oh yes please, I'd like the dimensions if you don't mind. And...err.... :oops:what does EH stand for??

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:01 pm

Sorry Giselle, thats rubbish of me :oops: EH is Ella's House. They do a hemp booster that is 2 layers in a long wobbly shape that you then fold in 2 to make an hourglass shape with 4 layers. I'll have a measure up tomorrow although you may be easier to just do long rectangles if you arnt' going to sew them. Saying that it may not roll as much with the inny and outty bits!! I'll measure one up tomorrow for you, need to get to bed. Bonne nuit xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat