hf1

Anyone tried Alva Baby nappies?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Anyone tried Alva Baby nappies?

Postby Frances » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Just googled them and generally they get positive reviews. You can get them direct from China with free shipping, but Babybotsbudget is selling them at £3.95 each :shock:

Soooo torn; obviously I'd much prefer WAHM nappies, but I need a set for nursery and these are crazy cheap...

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Anyone tried Alva Baby nappies?

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Wow, that is cheap. It has surely go to be worth trying them.
I've just googled them and they only come with microfibre inserts so you'd proabably have to stuff them with something else as well/instead of.

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm

I have a load of them, brand new in various colours that I bought to resell. Do you want some?

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 am

We have some, and stuffed with a hemp and bamboo they're great. X

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:18 am

I thinly I'll try them. Thanks for posting.

My avatar
Triina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Triina » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm

I've bought several Alvas from BabyBots (next I'm gonna try brand's own site -- they have more selection) and must say these nappies are of high quality. Really.

I have also some other cheapies (from eBay) and they were horrible, so poor and cheap quality I don't even want to try em.

Alva nappies are carefully finished, made of good fabrics and fit nicely. MF inserts are also good but I recommend some extra boosters -- I usually add one LittleLamb bamboo booster folded to the front as my little one is a boy. I've washed these regularly in 60 without any problems with PUL. They also dry super-fast. Alvas are actually much like Fuzzis but I consider these even better.

The minkys and plain coloured ones have polyester suede inner and they are also a little bit larger than patterned ones which have fleece inner. Both are good but some suede ones gather lint in it.

So, I definitely recommend these ones!

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:49 pm

I have Alvababy's!

There are different types. The ones I have are the "solid color diaper" . I also have `3 H serie and 1 color snap diaper.
I like them but since it's the only brand I have, I can't compare. My DD is now 1y1m and I use them with 2 mf inserts. They will last us for 2 to 3 ours. I bought them directly from Alvababy and had no problems. They also have bamboo nappies and inserts but I don´t have them. I did´t buy there wetbag and just like there nappies it´s very nice.

There are some things that you might like to know:
They are not al exactly the same size,
If you look at the legs you can see that left one is larger (the right one is the smallest i've got).
The inner of the plain colored ones can also be fleece (I have one with fleece and 12 with polyester suede :giggle: '

These are my plain one´s
and here is the rest
(just been waiting for an option to show my pictures! :oops: :giggle: )

I live in the Netherlands and if I order from outside the EU I can buy for 22 euro no extra costs, if I buy more I have to pay taxes.
I have made several smal orders because of this.

My avatar
Triina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Triina » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:37 pm

mamavan2, how long did it take for your order to arrive?

I made mine today, 8 nappies + one wetbag (they are btw excellent for swimsuit bags :) ) as here in Finland the value of the non-EU-purchase can be ~43 € without any duties to pay. Free shipping is a blessing :)

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 pm

triina: I don't remember how long exactly but I think it was 1 or 2 weeks (I was surprised by the quick arrivel!).
First I was looking for nappies in the Netherlands, but for the well know brands I have to pay about 20 euro, now I have 6 nappies including shipping for 21,54! (I'm so glad with them even to they are not exactly the same :giggle: )
I hope yours arive soon to :mail:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat