hf1

Going away for a few days - nappies?

My avatar
vivien500
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Going away for a few days - nappies?

Postby vivien500 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:35 am

We are going to Germany for a few days. I'm taking gnappies with disposable inserts because we are staying in a hotel, but there's no way they will last the night. Last time we went away I use sposies at night but they give him a rash and coupled with teething I don't really wanna try them, but when I used Eco sposies they were a bit crap. So should I try a different brand of ecos, sposies with a fleece liner or any other suggestions?!
Xx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Going away for a few days - nappies?

Postby Frances » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:43 am

Have you tried Nature Babies? We use those when we go away?

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 am

I'd trial a couple of things before you go and then you're not stuck with something once you get out there that doesn't work! I'd try a fleece liner and see how that goes xx

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:49 am

We like Nature Babies when we go away too :)

My avatar
vivien500
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby vivien500 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:53 am

We are going today! Nothing like a last minute dash to boots!! I haven't tried nature babies, the ones I tried were ones we bought in America and they leaked! But I think I might just use the giant minkee liners I have in the pampers we already have and take some fleece wraps to use over them. I'm sure that will contain any leaks, plus the minkee liners are so huge I'm pretty sure no nappy will a tally touch his skin :-)
Or maybe I'll go get some nature babies to keep in the drawer so I have some just in case and I'll take a few of both with me. Arghh. Xx

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:06 am

Lol, don't add to your panic if you're going today, pampers and huge minky liners sounds like a good plan! ;)

Have fun!!

xxx

My avatar
vivien500
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby vivien500 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 am

I'm generally in a rush at all times so you are probably right Toni! :doh: :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:56 pm

You could also try a pair of fleece shorties over the top, I did that for a while when Lockie was doing massive wee's in the night and leaking out of a dispo. wOrked a treat!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat