hf1

Bitti Boo from birth?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Bitti Boo from birth?

Postby Rox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Anyone used these from birth (or there abouts) ?

Got one yesterday and its lovely, am tempted to get some more as a cheaper option to WAHM fitteds for the early days but wondering how you felt they fit and performed.

I'm not so worried about rise issues as i'm short, Scarlett (tho taller than average at birth) is short etc.. but just thinking about leg gaping or how it fits on the tum and coped with BF poo containment.

Ta x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Bitti Boo from birth?

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Not tried them hun but didn't want to read and run.
We actually haven't had any leaks at all, oops we had one with a thirsties wrap but that has been it.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

I didn't have Bitti Boos but Itti SIOs were rubbish for us unfortunately. I couldn't get them to fit well at all. We got major leg gape so they just leaked straight out of the side. Our M Itti SIOs and Bitti Boos weren't much better either so I've sold them on too.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Louise wrote:I didn't have Bitti Boos but Itti SOIs were rubbish for us unfortunately. I couldn't get them to fit well at all. We got major leg gape so they just leaked straight out of the side. Our M Itti SIOs and Bitti Boos weren't much better either so I've sold them on too.

This is my fear, with them only being 'single' snaps its hard to get a really good leg fit.

I only used M & L on Scarlett, well past the explosive poo stage so never had any issues but i know single snaps are harder to fit right.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Not tried them hun but didn't want to read and run.
We actually haven't had any leaks at all, oops we had one with a thirsties wrap but that has been it.

We never had any leaks with Scarlett but i used a lot of tots bots nippa when she was tiny which are obviously great for containment due to custom fit... but i dont really want a stash full of tots again this time (tho there will be a few as they are bomb proof lol)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 pm

They either give a great fit or like Lousie has said, the wee just runs out of the leg holes. Both of mine have been long and skinny and the Itti's (of any type) never really suited them.

I would just stick to the one you have and not get any more.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 pm

I used ittis from birth got on with them fine not boo but snap in ones contained all the explosive poop.
I have just got a few bitti boos in large they are very simular to snap in ones with a wrap over I don't think you would get leaks :-/
There are tips on the website I think to prevent wing droop its one of those things you won't know till you try :-)

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Hmm, think i might keep an eye out and if there are any good deals consider a couple more but i wont build a stash of them then lol.

Thankies x

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:16 pm

I dont have any experience on using them on a newborn, but I'll be getting a few for my NB stash, but I'm going to have a lot of TB stretchies and prefolds - mostly muslins for the first few weeks. I think a really good snug wrap is key.

We just need to move house and get baby making now!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat