hf1

Would you start buying newborn nappies before getting a BFP?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Would you start buying newborn nappies before getting a BFP?

Postby KimmyM » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:49 pm

beck wrote:Personally I wouldn't, not for superstitious reasons but more so if it did take a while to fall then I'd hate seeing them sitting around. But that's just me. If you think they are a bargain then go for it.

WSS I wouldn't buy anything till I got a pink line. Buti know lots of people with buts and bobs that are trying. So I guess it is personal choice.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:54 pm

... just to point out - my views only apply to TTC my second and i am confident we will have another despite my fertility issues.

I dont see why its any different to having nappies left from baby number 1 to be honest. If i had have kept my stash from Scarlett i would have lots of nappies for number 2. I see no difference.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

northernruth wrote:No I wouldn't. But then I'd have no confidence that I actually would get pregnant and I would feel like they were mocking me.......

See I would have thought like that last time, but this time I am feeling more positive about it all, if we have done it once before we can do it again, it may just take a little longer than for others, or maybe not :D

Rox wrote:... just to point out - my views only apply to TTC my second and i am confident we will have another despite my fertility issues.

I dont see why its any different to having nappies left from baby number 1 to be honest. If i had have kept my stash from Scarlett i would have lots of nappies for number 2. I see no difference.

Totally agree with what you have said Rox, I would never have even considered doing this when TTC first time round but I figure now that we will have another baby, I have every faith that we will and honestly believe it won't take as long either as now we know what we are up against and can go for it with all the little tricks we learnt along the way last time :giggle:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I didn't but only because I made myself be really restrained. I wanted to but decided to wait until I was pregnant. Never stopped me looking lol.

If you want to go for it :D Oh and you can come squish my teeny nappies any time you feel the need :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:03 pm

I wouldn't. I didn't when we were TTC Callum! Partly because the world of preloved WAHM-made nappies is a fickle one and I'd hate to be stuck with what was in vogue when TTC, but you can't shift for love nor money after a maybe baby is born. But that's me - practical. I'd got rid of all Iris' small nappies, so had to buy new. I'm glad I'd not bought too many small (and no newborn) as Callum fit mediums really quickly - they'd have been a massive waste of money.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:05 pm

I did, but we fell very quickly first time round so it never crossed my mind that we wouldn't have another one. I also kept everything from DD so I don't see any difference. I have bought most stuff preloved and you have to get it when you see it. I wouldn't buy brand new or customs until I was 12 weeks though as there is no need to get those in advance.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

No, I don't really see the point, there's going to be 8 months from bfp to birth day to check out the deals and what's on Classifieds.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Hannahboo wrote:
northernruth wrote:No I wouldn't. But then I'd have no confidence that I actually would get pregnant and I would feel like they were mocking me.......

See I would have thought like that last time, but this time I am feeling more positive about it all, if we have done it once before we can do it again, it may just take a little longer than for others, or maybe not :D

I didn't have time on my side, but also I've seen enough cases of secondary infertility (ie no trouble conceiving the first time and then can't get a bfp next time) that I would never temp fate. I accept that may sound superstitious.

My avatar
moonsunstars2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby moonsunstars2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm kind of in the middle with this one.

I saved some baby stuff from when I had Ben (not just nappies) and bought some new nappies and clothes while ttc (and a few before that :oops: ). Then for one reason or another (lack of money mainly, which brought feelings of stress so much it made me stop ttc #2 - long story), and I then had to go through deciding to sell them or not (we then needed some extra cash at that time), and the disapointment of having all these nappies - unsused - and then selling them on. but at the same time a small feeling of relief like I'd taken a pressure of ttc'ing iykwim. I had got them tho (as Rox has said) to help spread the cost (which btw I do think is a good idea).

But personally for me this time round (I'm ttc again from March) I'm going to hold of buying anything until I'm PG. I just found it quite upsetting to have a beautiful stash of stuff - only to have to sell it on without me actually getting to enjoy it, due to a change of plan.

I've been on both sides - not buying anything until after the 12 week scan when PG with Ben, and buying whilst (and before) even having another baby. Good idea in saving money ie spreading the cost, but upsetting if situations change and you have to sell on.

HTH's

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat