hf1

Would you start buying newborn nappies before getting a BFP?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Would you start buying newborn nappies before getting a BFP?

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Just wondering what others have done when it comes to buying nappies when TTC? As we are now TTC baby number 2 and I have all faith that we will get our BFP quicker than the 3 years it took last time (listen to me with the PMA :giggle: ) I have seen a few good deals lately on newborn/small nappies and think about buying but then wonder if it's worth it until we actually get pregnant? Darcy was into mediums before we started with cloth so will need quite a few nappies next time :twisted: I am not superstitious about things so it's not that putting me off buying its just that I don't want to be the mad nappy lady that has a stash of newborn nappies hidden away :hohoho:

Just wondering whether I should snap up the bargains whilst I see them instead of a big expensive pay out once we are expecting again :-?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Would you start buying newborn nappies before getting a BFP?

Postby Rox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:54 pm

:giggle:

Previously when preg with S i didnt buy anything until our 20wk scan.. but we bought everything new and money wasnt really an issue back then.

For the next bubba i am planning to do a lot more pre-loved cloth, especially for the early days when they grow super fast... I bought a few nappies from Little Gumnut back in November when i was pregnant (still not arrived :-? - not like i need them tho lol) because they were 20% off... it was a good deal and saved some money on custom nappies.

I've also been keeping my eye on classifieds and anything that really jumps out as a good deal or i really like i've bought. Not a lot, but if its good, i've gone for it because when buying pre-loved it may not be around when you *do* need it iykwim.

Same goes for deals, if there is a really good deal on something and you dont think it will come about again then i see no harm.

I was really supersticious with Scarlett but now i realise it makes no difference at all and in a way, im not buying for 'this' baby, i'm buying for 'a' baby so like last time where i lost it, i dont feel odd about still having those nappies for the next one.

I'm rambling now but.. Imho its okay and will help spread the cost out more.
Last edited by Rox on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Personally I wouldn't, not for superstitious reasons but more so if it did take a while to fall then I'd hate seeing them sitting around. But that's just me. If you think they are a bargain then go for it.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

:wave: I did, I saw a good deal on some newborns and smalls so went ahead and bought them whilst we were TTC. xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm

no i wouldn't buy for a maybe baby but that is only because of what we went through loosing Samuel x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:07 pm

I never have. After all you've got 9 months of waiting to get what you need, plenty of time to bargain hunt :wink: :lol: Especially if you buy some that are on offer now but end up seeing even better ones when you actually are :pregnant:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I never have, in fact I never have until after the 12 week scan and even then I tend to wait longer. Personally I just don't see the point and there will be other offers and there's always the classifeids. Like Beck said I would hate to see them sitting around while you TTC as you never know how long it will take (generally, not specifically you!).

Having said that whilst writing this I remember having a small fitted made but that was only using up fabric from a custom night nappy I had made and even then I hid it away when it arrived. I was pg at that point but was still early days x

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks for all your replies ladies, good to see all the different views and glad to know I am not the only one who thought about buying/did buy nappies when TTC but can also appreciate why it may not be a good idea too.

Still undecided whether as to keep my eye out or not, I am very indecisive in general though :roll: :giggle: I just think after last time when I wouldn't even think about baby things until well past the 20 week mark as I was so nervous of our precious little lady being taken away from us after trying for her for so long. Guess this time I am more positive about the whole TTC process and just want to have some teeny tiny nappies to squish :oops: :hohoho: I may even buy a couple for Darcy to use on her baby doll :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 pm

No I wouldn't. But then I'd have no confidence that I actually would get pregnant and I would feel like they were mocking me.......

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat