hf1

Semi fluffy post!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Semi fluffy post!

Postby charlibunny » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Thats very pretty and highly unique!!!!!!!!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Lovely material. Must admit, I've seen some lovely fabric that I like and have asked Suzanne how to go about making a wrap out of it. But she mentioned about washing - possible shrinking and colour runs. And it's made me think twice about it. Any advice on what fabric I should look out for/avoid? (The one I've seen is 100% cotton.) I wish I was more crafty (as it were!) - I'm useless with stuff like this. :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Lovely material. Must admit, I've seen some lovely fabric that I like and have asked Suzanne how to go about making a wrap out of it. But she mentioned about washing - possible shrinking and colour runs. And it's made me think twice about it. Any advice on what fabric I should look out for/avoid? (The one I've seen is 100% cotton.) I wish I was more crafty (as it were!) - I'm useless with stuff like this. :(

I've got an AI2 made of similar/same fabric and we've had no colour runs or shrinkage...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 am

pinkydinkydoo wrote:Thats lovely, where did you find it???

a shop called, fabrics on mill street, sure you'll find it if you google it, they are fab to deal with, tho it was V pricey, £30 for 2 yards inc P&P, however I could get loads of nappies out of it if I wanted, it was a flat rate shipping cost so I thought I'd get more rather than less IYKWIM!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:58 am

beck wrote:I love that material! What are you getting made?

I think 2 OS pockets, but I was almost tempted to get a small one too or try another WAHM to get a small SS as I want a trim one and the WN OS and SS are both rather bulky on her, not that bothers me, but I do like to have a few trim nappies! Anyone suggest a WAHM that makes trim snapping pockets??

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:17 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I've got an AI2 made of similar/same fabric and we've had no colour runs or shrinkage...

That's what I want to hear! I hope that if I get some fabric and pre-wash it before sending it on to Wee Notions, then any shrinkage/colour run shouldn't be an issue. It really is lovely material, so I might just be tempted.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat