hf1

WN pocket leaking. Should i go AI2?

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

WN pocket leaking. Should i go AI2?

Postby lizzibeff » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 am

I bought a GORGEOUS custom WNSS but it keeps leaking out of the legs :( It is tight around the legs (to the point i think it might be pinching her a bit) but the wee just seems to roll off the fleece and out of the legs :(

So far i've tried stuffing it with two LL bamboo boosters stacked but it leaked within 30 mins and this morning i tried a NBs Slimma Stuffs (which was a bit big admittedly). The insert wasn't even wet but she was soaked and there was wee everywhere before i even picked her off the changing mat. Its a small so won't take a prefold. I shoved it in the drier for 20 mins on hot last night to seal any holes.

I was thinking maybe i should buy a WN insert but I don't want to spend money on one if i might fare better just buying an AI2 in the same design. It breaks my heart that i spent quite a lot of money on a nappy that is so gorgeous but isn't working for us :(

Has anyone got any experience on the AI2 vs the Pocket SS? Any advice on how to stop the pocket leaking is also gratefully received :doh:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: WN pocket leaking. Should i go AI2?

Postby mudita » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 am

Did you pre wash it as per the instructions? I think it says with a full dose of powder on 60 or 40 to remove residue from the fabrics. Sorry, that is all I can think of! A WN insert for a small is pretty much the same as a LL booster , at least the one I have is, so wouldn't make much difference. Perhaps contact WN as ask them for help too?

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks mudita, i think I'll ask them, although they do give advice on the website and I've tried some of it. I think I will have to just experiment with snap positions and different inserts as they suggest but it's frustrating to have to change all her clothes every time it leaks :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 pm

I stuffed my smalls with a blueberry combo insert. ( I still have one if you want to try it?) Do the inserts lie flat in the pocket and touch both edges? WN have a great troubleshooting guide here.

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Louise, The slimma stuffs did touch the edges but was a bit bunched up. The wee never even made it through the fleece though! The LL ones were flat and touching the sides though. They were wet and bunched up when i took them out after 30 mins.

I'd be interested in trying the blueberry, will PM you :thumbsup:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Okay sound stupid but this happens to mr if I do them up too tight I'm sure there is a cleaver reason but damned if I know it. Also the thinner the insert the better luck we hve I use wonderoo's trifold inserts (without the microfibre top as that makes it really bulky).
AI2 didn't work for us however if I use Itti inserts I can get them up to 2 hours so if I chane the inserts on time hypothetically they would last all day the longest I have gone is 6 hours.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Pockets never worked for us, I loved our ai2s but I would try a few different inserts of other things before trying a whole new style.

That said, I have some ai2s for sale if you do want to try one!

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:51 pm

I noticed your AI2s fluffy_mummy and i was really interested until i saw that they were Large :lol: I think they'll be a bit big on my teeny munchkin. She's 11 weeks old and still only just over 9lb.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Ah, didn't know she was a dink.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat