hf1

Anyone used thenappysite.co.uk?

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Anyone used thenappysite.co.uk?

Postby Vanilla » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:26 pm

I found some nappies on thenappysite I'd like to buy. I contacted the seller, but I suddenly thought, I've never heard of the site before, I'm going to randomly send money to buy off someone I don't know at all...there are no ratings/reviews etc so you have no idea if the person you're buying from is genuine. I'm sure they are, but just feel a little nervous that I might have little comeback if something went wrong. There is not much in the way of guidelines/terms on the site for buyers and sellers. There is no way to contact the site owners other than through an online form. If anyone else has used the site to buy or sell before, can you set my mind at rest please?! :oops: I shop a lot online and will happily buy through local classifieds or on a forum where both myself and the person selling are active members, but have not used a site like thenappysite before.

The seller hasn't specified how they want paying but I think I should insist on paypal (not gifted). :-?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Anyone used thenappysite.co.uk?

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:29 pm

I've bought & sold on there with no problems! I always included a photo when selling, or asked for one if buying and there wasn't one on the losting
Always insist on PayPal and you should have no trouble.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 pm

i love this site! have bought on there (loads of bargains!) - if you pay via paypal you're protected. x

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks guys that's really good to know. :D I can buy happily now. Just wanted to be sure it was an ok place to buy, as I'm buying a bundle for the best part of £50 - if it was only a couple of quid I wouldn't have been so bothered.

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Hmm the seller says they don't have a paypal account and want me to post a cheque. I'm not sure about this, I have no reason to believe they aren't genuine but don't feel quite comfortable with posting off a cheque to a complete stranger. It's also a bit extra faff and I have got a lot on atm. :(

So my instinct is to leave this one (with apologies as feel bad about backing out the sale.) Am I being daft? I do hope the person won't be offended. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. I used to work in a bank and fraud, especially with things like cheques, is very common- much more than you'd expect, so I got in the habit of being cautious. As mentioned nearly £50 is quite a lot of money (well it is to me anyway! :giggle: I certainly couldn't afford to lose it.)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:21 am

Vanilla wrote:Hmm the seller says they don't have a paypal account and want me to post a cheque. I'm not sure about this, I have no reason to believe they aren't genuine but don't feel quite comfortable with posting off a cheque to a complete stranger. It's also a bit extra faff and I
have got a lot on atm. :(

So my instinct is to leave this one (with apologies as feel bad about backing out

the sale.) Am I being daft? I do hope the person won't be offended. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. I used to work in a bank and fraud, especially with things like cheques, is very common- much more
than you'd expect, so I got in the habit of being cautious. As mentioned nearly £50 is quite a lot of money (well it is to me anyway! :giggle: I certainly couldn't afford to lose it.)

I would only use PayPal myself. It's the safest. The nappy site uses the phrase...

"If you are a seller or a buyer, you make purchase arrangements to suit you"

As a buyer I would choose PayPal.
The seller shouldn't be upset about you pulling out of sale as long as you explain. It's very easy to set up a PayPal account too.

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:43 am

Well I have another valid reason for not paying by cheque anyway - realised after posting last night that I have absolutely no idea where my chequebook is! We're in the middle of moving and it has been packed somewhere as I hardly ever use it so didn't keep it with the essential, last minute stuff. So right now I couldn't pay anything by cheque even if I wanted to... :roll:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:38 pm

i came across this problem too - the seller didn't have a paypal account and after much faffing, the seller found a family friend with a paypal account which i could pay into for the nappies.

i would definitely not send a cheque!!!

xxx

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 pm

The seller did email me back then to say they found an old paypal account they'd set up but never used and I could pay via paypal after all, so all sorted now. :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat