hf1

I love Disana tie nappies :-)

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: I love Disana tie nappies :-)

Postby Mumof5 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't find them fiddly at all, even with a squirmer! I find them easier than ss nappies with lil miss chunky thighs! :giggle:

My avatar
hedgiemum63
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hedgiemum63 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I actually find that they are simple to tie once you've got the feel for it.

My favourite wraps at the moment would have to be the Popowrap (nice and roomy, easy to adjust for fit, too, never seem to allow wicking, dry quickly), the Airflow, and the Thirsties aplix wrap. I like the Nature Babies, too, as they are soft, but I find they allow a bit of wicking sometimes.

Did you know you can get a pack of 10 Disanas for about £22? I bought some from the naturalnursery.co.uk, as they do individual nappies or a pack.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:33 am

I can't make my mind up about the Disana tie ons. I'll keep trying them.
My favourites at the moment are my homemade nappies using the darling diaper pattern. I've made a couple with side snap but I want to make some side closure aplix. Daddy doesn't really get on with poppers and Eddie is seriously wriggly so aplix would be nice and quick.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am

Can I ask a question about these? Do the ties get tangled up in the washing machine?

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:27 am

Juli wrote:Can I ask a question about these? Do the ties get tangled up in the washing machine?

I always tie the ties together to prevent this, easy to do, even when soaking wet! :widesmile:

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:40 am

Juli wrote:Can I ask a question about these? Do the ties get tangled up in the washing machine?

Occasionally, and I rarely tied them up before washing. There were only 2 or 3 in the same wash at any time though cause we have lots of others, my mum used exclusively the disana ones with my little sister and she did have to do some untangling after every wash... I don't think it's much worse than finding the right inserts and stuffing pockets though.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks Mumof5 and Katyav :)

My avatar
hedgiemum63
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hedgiemum63 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I tie a slip knot with both ties as I take the nappy off, and only rarely get tangles in the wash. They are easy to get apart though. I've heard of some mums just putting two or three nappies in small laundry nets and washing them like that, rather than loose in the wash.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat