hf1

Best newborn nappy choice

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Best newborn nappy choice

Postby ameliepoulin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:16 am

Hi there ladies, a question that has been trotting in my head for a while now, what is the best choice in terms of nappies for a newborn? I've used disposables until my babe was 2 months old, so don't have this experience.
I am interested in an economical but efficient option, slim fit and good containment.
I've got plenty of pockets and two parters for older baby, when I started with cloth I used to nippable bamboo nappies and now I am into pockets BTP.
I tend to lean towards prefolds for newborns, would that be o correct choice, and if yes what brands you found great.
Many thanks,
c.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Best new-born nappy choice

Postby justme123 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 am

Diddy diapers for me every time. Trim fitting, nippa fastening for great containment, and very affordable (especially preloved :wink: )

I've not tried prefolds personally but can't imagine containment would be great :-?

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:56 am

I used mainly Chinese folded muslins with a ME Rikki wrap, v affordable and they get used as general mop-up cloths now. I also had a couple of rumparooz lil joeys, which were great but only really lasted about 2 weeks before she was out-peeing them!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:08 am

Our favourites were:
Fitteds - Sandies and Thirsties with ME Rikki and Airflow wraps
Pockets/AIOs - Teenyfits, BG AIO xs, Real Easy xs

We didn't try prefolds.

ETA I have 2 aplix Diddy Diapers I was thinking of listing on Classifieds. Lauren has nearly outgrown them but I was holding on to them 'just in case' :giggle: Looking for £2.50 all in per nappy :D

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:28 pm

bumgenius XS were my favs :0)

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Peanut's stash is teenyfits, some size one stretchy bamboozles (bulk of stash) and a couple of nb bugga bugga basics that have a snap down for the cord stump. Can't wait to see him in his teensy fluff!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 pm

I tried loads! Our fave were terry squares. Cotton for super fast drying and bamboo for aborbency. They are both super cheap and versatile. Both trim and can durable. Perfect for new born stage when they go through tons of nappies

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Our favourite had to be nippa'd Diddy Diapers - they were fantatsic :) I also removed the applix from several Little Lambs and nippa'd them and they came a close 2nd.

Prefolds - I used some OWW's (OweWhoaWhen) and liked these too, either nippa'd with wool or a simple tri-fold with a Thirsties Duo Wrap - I think the wrap is just as important as the prefold really, and this was a good combination.

HTH

Sadie xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Teenyfits are fab, we used xs holdens landings, dunk n fluff, little gumnut, xs sandies and size 1 little lambs
Pre-fold wise I love OWW's and little gumnuts just tri folded and popped in a wrap which works really well and last our heavy wetter though to waking for his night feed x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat