Interest in Baby BeeHinds nappies?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Interest in Baby BeeHinds nappies?

Postby Juli » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:31 am

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that Baby BeeHinds nappies are quite popular, but are actually very hard to come by. In fact, I haven't found anywhere in the UK where you can buy the bamboo or hemp ones at the moment. All I can find is some magic-alls.

So, I'm kind of thinking of setting up a little business selling nappies, and would love to hear your thoughts. I've contacted Baby BeeHinds in Australia to find out about wholesale prices - hopefully I'll hear back soon. Do you think there would be a market for them here?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Interest in Baby BeeHinds nappies?

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am

I've seen them on several UK websites before, they've definitely been available in the UK for a while as I've bought them in the past for my other children. So if they've stopped selling them then perhaps they weren't very popular over here?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 am

I haven't looked recently but I loved them on our 3rd child, they were great for nights.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Louise wrote:I've seen them on several UK websites before, they've definitely been available in the UK for a while as I've bought them in the past for my other children. So if they've stopped selling them then perhaps they weren't very popular over here?

Hmm, good point. There is always the issue that they take so long to dry over here. I mean they took a while to dry even in the Australian sun. For me personally this isn't a problem as long as they're spun at the highest speed and you don't expect them to be dry in 12 hours, but it might put other people off. I think the nappies make up for their long drying time by their fantastic absorbency.

I guess the other reason why people have stopped selling them could be the current economic climate and the fact that your pound doesn't buy you as much in Aussie Dollars as it used to. So I'll have to wait and see what sort of wholesale prices they quote me to see if it's even worthwhile importing them.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Bamboo baby beehinds were being sold new on ebay last year. There were also Mamabless which looked like they were licensed to the same pattern but not sold in the colour versions.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:03 pm

ramsons wrote:Bamboo baby beehinds were being sold new on ebay last year. There were also Mamabless which looked like they were licensed to the same pattern but not sold in the colour versions.

Thanks for that. I looked up Mamabless as I hadn't come across them before. I agree they look similar, but there are some differences, noticeably the number of snaps on the front for closing them on the larger setting and the lack of snaps inside the nappy for snapping inserts in. So just from looking at them, I think they are just similar, rather than being licensed to use the same pattern.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat