hf1

Paper liners

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Paper liners

Postby justme123 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Ive just started using paper liners as dd was pooping like 5 times a day, nasty sticky ones that wouldn't rinse off. Anyway, my question is what do you do with the wet not poopy ones? I have been throwing them in the wash with the nappies and now I have a pile of clean liners that I think are too thin to reuse. I guess I just chuck them? Sounds obvious now I write it down :giggle:

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Paper liners

Postby knees_on » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:45 pm

We had the same poop problem and so use the paper ones. I bought loads really cheap but not getting through them at all as like you the wet ones I chuck in the wash with the nappies and they come out fine. Keep reusing them.

Which brand are you usisng, maybe some are thicker than others? We use bambino mio and they wash over and over again.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Don't know what brand I have - got half a roll in with a bundle of stuff. I do have some tots ones I could try - maybe they'd last better. It's just a bit of a nuisance to sort them out in the wash just to chuck them away - and I don't really want wet ones in the bin :roll:

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Once the ones I use get a bit thin through rewashing I keep them and use them to help in the clean up operation! They go really soft when they are really thin so I just use them in place of toilet roll to clean the worst off before attacking with washable wipes :thumbsup:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Ooh good idea - thanks :-)

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Jellybelly6 wrote:Once the ones I use get a bit thin through rewashing I keep them and use them to help in the clean up operation! They go really soft when they are really thin so I just use them in place of toilet roll to clean the worst off before attacking with washable wipes :thumbsup:

This!

Worked well for us, although I think my machine ate a few, so I eventually stopped in case it died!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:54 pm

We occasionally use tots bots paper liners & these do not survive the wash at all. (well not in any state to be reused - they are completely mashed up!)

I was shocked as they were sold as 'flushable' liners - but having seen how they do not degrade in the wash, and my Dad being a plumber - he's seen sooooo many toilets blocked by people flushing stuff like this away & it blocking the pipes. They go in the rubbish bin or compost bin here!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat