hf1

To keep or not to keep!?

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

To keep or not to keep!?

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:52 am

We are currently in the process of buying a house (yay!) so we're having a huge clear out of stuff we have accumulated... And I came across our newborn nappy stash. We're both thinking that we will have another baby/babies one day but not until B & R are in school. Do I sell them on or keep them?! I'm driving myself mad trying to decide! :giggle: :roll:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: To keep or not to keep!?

Postby KimmyM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 am

Sorry don't know that ages but if it's longer than 18mths I'd sell

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 pm

I'd sell. Newborn fluff shopping is too much fun. :giggle: Seriously it depends really how long you are going to leave it before TTC again. If its not in the near future I'd definitely sell them on now as you'll probably get more money now rather than a year/few years down the line where there might be newer/more popular nappies around that are more popular than the ones you are trying to sell.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:07 pm

I'd be tempted to keep them, just because the newborn nappies are grown out of so quickly it would be good not to have to buy them all again. If it's a very large stash then maybe just keep the best of them, what you can fit into one box or something?

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I have about 30 nappies and some wraps. And won't be having another for about 4 years. Hadn't thought of newborn fluff shopping or resale value...feels like they've barely been worn though because he was such a big baby he wasn't in them for long! Maybe I should sell a few and see how it goes :)

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

I'd keep! Seems daft to sell then buy more! I have kept mine, there will be 4.5 yrs between uses.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 pm

For me it depends on the brands, if theyre common brand nappies i would keep them, you wont get much for them on the market and will only have to buy again.

If theyre WAHM ones that are currently selling well on the market i would sell because as Louise said, new brands come around and they lose their value. If theyre older 'fashionable' WAHM ones that arent fetching great numbers again i would keep.

For me it just depends on resale value. I see no point selling something for little money to need to buy again. Newborn nappies are used only for a few weeks so even if you dont love the stash due to new styles etc you will only use them for a few weeks anyway and can then sell to fund bigger ones.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Also, keeping them all means when you do need more, you can buy a few gorgeous ones as a treat, rather than needing lots of practical ones.

My nb stash is practical, so I'm going to splurge on nice ones and nb wool nearer the time!!!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:30 pm

I would keep them unless they aren't GN, or you didn't really like them then I'd sell. 30 nappies doesn't take up that much room (one box I guess?) and I'm sure there are other things which you could clear out first.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat