hf1

Nappies when out and about

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies when out and about

Postby YumMum » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Ok so we tried a cushie tushie today at home (our first ever cloth nappy :thumbsup: ) it went very well, she "christened" it for us, and I'm surprised out how well it held up and she normally makes quite a mess in disposables. But I'm wondering how best to do cloth nappies while out? I'm leaning towards using disposable liners while out as oppose to the fleece liners, but if I used fleece liners... what do you do with them while out? What if you can't get somewhere to give them a rinse? Also what about reusable wipes? What do you do with the mucky ones while out? Do you just stick them all in the wetbag with the nappies?

Oh also, I got some preloved nappies and inserts... how can I tell what the inserts are made from? Only one of them has a label and that one is bamboo.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Nappies when out and about

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Yup just stick them in your wet bag and bung in nappy bucket when you get home, I never rinse.

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:43 pm

:wine: for first ever cloth nappy!!! :yahoo: When we're out and about I just put dirty nappies in the wetbag and rinse them when I get home. If the poo is quite solid you should be able to shake most of it down the toilet before putting it in the wetbag. Using paper liners would probably make it a bit easier, if you want to use them.

ETA, yes put the dirty wipes in the wetbag with nappies. And whoever you bought the inserts from should be able to tell you what they are made of. If not, describe them to us and we can maybe work it out :D
Last edited by busybee on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi! :wave:
i'm the same as the other ladies. If the poo is solid, and i can pop it into a toilet then i will, but if not i just sort them when i get home. we tend not to use liners though, don't really need them. xx

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby YumMum » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Thank you :) Can't wait to build up my stash. :giggle:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Inserts very basic
Microfiber is usually obvious White very shirt pile.
Cotton terry like a towel
Bamboo generally cream/natural a bit silkier than Terry when tumbled even when air dried not as rough.
Hemp quiet carboardy
At least that's hiw I explain it to hubby.

I deal with poop at home I always think it's a waste having lovely soft nappies and putting a piece of paper in it.
Dirty wipes go in the wet bag it all gets washed together so I store it all together.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:59 pm

it is soooo rewarding (and addictive!!!) to build up your stash....!!!
the classifieds on here are brill - i have got probably 80% of my stash from here!

My avatar
YumMum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby YumMum » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Thank you, you're all so helpful and friendly! I think I may have gotten cotten terry inserts, but could possibly be micro fibre x

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

One feels like a towel the other should be much softer.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat