hf1

How many woolies for a NB?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

How many woolies for a NB?

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:53 pm

I have never used wool from NB but plan to with this baby. I plan to use mainly soakers under normal clothes but may be tempted by some yummy dungarees. How many soakers do you think I'll need?

I currently have 1 NB soaker, 2 small soakers & 1 small longies :D

I do have some wraps & pockets too.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How many woolies for a NB?

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 pm

It depends how often they poop TBH and if when they do if it leaks onto the wrap. I had 7 or 8 for M and that was plenty for use under sleepsuits and clothing. I actually need more now than I did when Mia was tiny :lol: as we still frequently get dirty soakers :roll: and often go through 2/3 a day.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 pm

I am doing the same and have gone for about 4-5 small and newborn, I have some wraps and pockets too, so was just going to see how it goes. I've bought most of them preloved, with a couple of bigger ones as customs.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:37 pm

I have 6 soakers and that has been fine for us. A has only gone through to them twice so far so we've been lucky in that respect :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I didn't think about the NB breast milk explosion poo's :giggle: , we had a fair few of those with Jonah! Maybe I do need some more then :D

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Ooh, can't wait til I can buy some nb wool! I did cloth from day one last time but didn't do wool til later. Am so excited to think of nb wool!

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Hehe, im the same, did cloth from birth but not wool. TBH not planning to go mad on NB wool as v expensive and they grow super quick, plus the chance of poo on wool doenst appeal lol.

Def need some dungees and rompers tho, will risk it for that and maybe a soaker or two for night time but will be mostly sticking to a good wrap :giggle:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 pm

We had a lovely wool wrap in small, popolino I think. Was my first wool thing! V good wrap. Not too many leaks here, so will see if I can get a couple nb wraps made by a friend of my mums so I'm only paying for yarn.

This will be my biggest temptation to find out gender. Really want a surprise, but also want to know if I need pink or blue wool!

2 longies, 1 dungers, 3 soakers. Maybe 4? Oh how SNUGGLY!!!! :love:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Shaunie wrote:I didn't think about the NB breast milk explosion poo's :giggle: , we had a fair few of those with Jonah! Maybe I do need some more then :D

We have only had one poosplosion.
I had maybe 5 soakers and remember I have a couple to send to you :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat