hf1

Wnn nappies

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Wnn nappies

Postby 3988lisa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Need some help with wnnn nappies, as to which i should try first.what do you find best AI2, pocket nappies or there two part nappies. im going to order some of there night nappies but would like a few for day time aswell.any advice from anyone that has tried different ones of them and found a particular one there favourite, also what inner did you chose?
thanks lisa

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Wnn nappies

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:17 pm

It's really down to personal preference. I prefer pockets to AI2's and always choose a fleece inner but I also liked my cuddlesoft inner one's. For nights, I loved my WNNN with a minkee outer, a cuddlesoft inner & BV topped inserts.

Have fun :D

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 pm

In part, it depends on how heavily your LO wets. Miss Moo couldn't use pockets, as they just leaked for her, so we always stuck to WNNL. For the Gorilla, who's a much more average wetter, pockets work fine. I prefer SS to OS pockets for fit (I don't like front fastening so much). As to inners for night nappies, our WNNN have cuddlesoft or minkee inside.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Shaunie wrote:It's really down to personal preference. I prefer pockets to AI2's and always choose a fleece inner but I also liked my cuddlesoft inner one's. For nights, I loved my WNNN with a minkee outer, a cuddlesoft inner & BV topped inserts.

Have fun :D

exactly this :D

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:24 pm

I love WN night nappies, and I prefer fleece inner, minkee outer. We never get on with their pocket nappies though, I loved the look of them but they always leaked for us :-(

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:47 pm

There pockets leaked for DS but are fine for DD. Their AI2 leak for use unless I use itti bitti inserts I have an extra set of snaps put in.
I often use their NL and only use their Nn of a night.
I prefer BV inner for day and micro fleece for night. Don't really have a preference for the outer.

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 3988lisa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 pm

thank you girlies, my little boy is a heavy wetter not major but enough to struggle with much longer than 2 hours out of stuffed pockets, just wasnt sure if the wn pockets may have been more absorbent.il defo go with wnnl for day wnnn for night.what do the sizes come up like?ive never used sized nappies so struggling do decide between medium and large?he'z 8 months and weights about 19lbs ish may be a litte more.havent had him weighed in a while but i weighed him on our own scales fully clothed and he was 21lbs(i know its not as accurate), n he'z got chunky legs.if the medium come up quite small then il go straight for large.

theres so many decisions to make, i could look at the site all day and night,lol!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:29 pm

A pocket nappy is only as good as the stuffing you put in it. Microfibre inserts will need changing more often then either hemp or bamboo inserts.

I gave up on pocket nappies for Miss Moo when my daughter was about 16-months-old and could outpee a pocket stuffed with a Babeco bamboo booster on top of a hemp Big Weed or a hemp Wonderfulls all on top of an Easy Peasy hemp booster. That combo used to last an absolute maximum of 3 hours; often a lot less.

As for sizing, go on the measurements given on the website, not weight. :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:35 am

I would go for a large, my DD wore large WNNN from about 6 months old, and she is still in them now at 28 months!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat