hf1

Cloth & teething poops.

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Cloth & teething poops.

Postby Bessandra » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14 am

I dont think I can cope with cloth nappies and the teething poops my LO is producing :(
I was down to an every other day wash but now it's more like every 1/2 day. It's not unusual for us to get 3-4 LOOSE poos per day. I'm struggling to find a nappy from our existing stash that contains it!

Am I a quitter if I return to sposies for a short while (or until the nice solid poos return)?

X

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Cloth & teething poops.

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:25 am

We used a mixture of cloth and sposies. I find the prefolds worked best. I nippa'd them and then pushed in the prefolds in around his legal and back. I also got rid of the liner so that the loose poo would soak rather than spread. We were having 8 poos a day for about 9 days.
I hope the teeth appear soon.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:24 am

Absolutely not a quitter - do what is best for you.

We are having teething nappies at the moment, and there were a few days where she was being changed every hour which made for a lot of washing :roll: Disposables leak for us though so I find it easier to wash an extra nappy each time than an extra set of clothing. Fitteds and wool or a wrap work best for DD to contain any leaks, with a fleece liner.

Hope those teeth are through soon xx

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:29 pm

I found fitted worked best for us at this stage and that spoises leaked.
Could you not just do a bigger wash I've got two in cloth and can usually manage unto 1 1/2 between washes and DD poop's three times a day.
But find what works for you if spoises is it than do it.

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Bessandra » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 am

Thank you so much for your responses.
Please don't think I'm being lazy.
I'm looking after a friends little one (same age as mine) 3 days per week (new arrangement), my son isn't sleeping ( never has done in 10months - he's 10 months old), and so it all seems a bit much at the minute.
We are on our third poo today and he has a really red bottom :( metanium doesn't appear to be helping.
Guess I'm just a bit disheartened (and exhausted)...
Why are teething poos so toxic anyway?
Thanks so much... I'll see how we go today... X

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 pm

I think Barley water to drink is supposed to help make them less acidic? We used paper liners for the really bad days, didn't save the washing but made the clean-up easier!

My avatar
Grrushka
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Grrushka » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi,

We have he same situation at the moment, 3 poos (or more) a day and so smelly that the dh is fainting haha :giggle: :hohoho: I'm a bit worried about washing as I already have quite a few stains especially on my cotton nappies as they are rubbish with stains :evil: Aaw you must be exsausted :hug:, sposies may leak or may not so if they work for you don't feel bad about it, as long as it gives you a bit less work :) We've been using homeopathic tablets/tissue salts for teething and they are quite good and they are not bad for them and you can't overdose them as the body gets rid of the excess 'salts'/minerals whatever ;) Also as somebody suggested paper liners may be quite useful as you just throw them away. Good luck I hope the teeth come through soon (and my boy's too:()

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 pm

not a quitter at all, sposies have their place and time for a lot of us :wink:

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:49 pm

We stopped getting teething poos after we started using an amber necklace, but even when we did get them, it was only for a few days at a time.... But DD has constant runny poos anyway, not proper diarrhoea, but very runny all the same, I eventually had to switch to paper liners as clearing wet poop off fleece 4-6 times a day was doing my nut. We reduced frequency to 2-3 times a day by changing her diet a bit, but still I only use paper liners now and it makes cleanup a hell of a lot easier, and also reduces stains. I find AIO's a bit risky for containment, prefer fitteds (Sandy's here).

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat