Newborn Nappies

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Newborn Nappies

Postby jules070603 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Ok, so tell me what you used on your newborns. :coolbaby:

Its early days yet and I'm just collating a nice (big) list so thought I'd ask everyone what they used. I didn't use cloth on Zach until he was 10 months.

I am very excited about using them on baby and plan to have a big selection of different nappies, I'm happy to have idea for sized and one-size, 2 parts and pockets and will probably buy some of all types including ickle size 0s too.

DH doesn't have any idea what I'm going to be up to LOL!!!!
Last edited by jules070603 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Newborn Nappies

Postby nicola g » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:34 pm

from birth on Dafydd i used easy peasy bambeasy and little lambs, i was totally new to cloth.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:38 pm

jules070603 wrote:DH doesn't have any idea what I'm going to be up to LOL!!!!
Mine either Jules :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:43 pm

ohhh the fun :hohoho:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Hmm BGs were fab from day one, as were my XS fuzzis, and NB swaddlbees, and bamboo squares were good for a few extra cheap nappies in the early days when they go through LOADS, and also really neat and trim! Summer is quite diddy and most OS look huge on her, BUT they do the job!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Bamboo motherease sandys would be high on my list, a couple of xs (for when baby is brand new :lol: ) and some small for the first few months

swaddlebees newborn (pricey for what they are, but cute :wink: )

anything flat fronted, side snapping in bamboo velour :D :D

small fuzzis are cute too!

jan x

My avatar
craggy426
Clothie
Clothie

Postby craggy426 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 pm

I swore by diddy diapers (very good for containing, ahem, explosions!) and they're still going strong (DD is 3 months now) AND they're really good value. Also thirsties XS were good and kissaluvs have a special popper for newborn umbilical cords. Mostly I would say a two parter is a definite must if you intend to breast feed!

Lizzy x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 am

For 2 parters Little Lambs were our staple, I really liked the bamboo ones and liked the wraps too. Also like Bambineos (or bambinex or whatever they are calling them these days) much better than Bamboozles. We had a Swaddlebees OV newborn but and that was very cute but only lasted a few weeks so not a great purchase. Found Bimbles cute but didn't last long, Diddy Diapers were better and I liked that they were fleece lined. Rikki wraps are always a firm favourite with us.

In terms of pockets we had small Fuzzis which were good in the early weeks but I quickly found that he outweed them and I couldn't stuff them with much more as then I struggled to get a good fit. I gave up using them quite early and much preferred Bumgenius (which really surprised me) Funky Nappies and Happy Heiny Onesize were (and still are) great for Ben and now our favourite are Itti Bittis. He has really only just grown into his Blueberry Onesize.

For night time from very early on (as Ben never pooed in the night I stopped changing him after only a few weeks) we used Baby Beehinds and Swaddlebees OV onesize and are now moving him into Night Notions.

How exciting for you, teeny tiny nappies. Hope this helps :D

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Daisy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi - am new to this but thought I would add my thoughts! I didn't use cloth with DD1 or DD2 but was determined this time around. I bought 4 to start, a thirsties fab fitted, mother-ease sandy's xs, tots bots bamboozle and tots bots flexi-tot. My thinking was to experiment and then go for the one I like most. However, have loved them all. The mother-ease and thirsties were good when DD3 was teeny. No probs with leaking or anything. I have used fleece liners as it keeps her bum nice and dry.Now DD3 is 9 weeks and I have splashed out on a selection of those four brands again. It's such a pretty world and I'm becoming addicted.......

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat