hf1

DH doesn't want to use cloth :(

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

DH doesn't want to use cloth :(

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:15 pm

DH told me yesterday that he doesn't want to use cloth with baby number 2 and also just switch Darcy over to disposables too :(

I had always planned to cloth bum from birth with our next baby as we didn't start with Darcy until 8 months. I think along with the extra washing (which he never does :roll: ) the main thing putting him off is that Darcy is an extremely heavy wetter and even though the majority of our stash is now made up of WAHM fitteds she still out pees them all within about an hour, even if I add an extra bamboo or hemp booster to them. I have spent at least £700 (probably closer to £1000) in nappies just in the past year trying to find something that works :oops: and can't believe we still don't have a combo that works well enough to cloth bum full time :( Darcy is getting close to PT now anyway and has done all her wees on th potty this afternoon so I am guessing she will be dry in the day soon anyway, but it's the new baby I need to convince him on really :-?

Has anyone else been in this situation? How did you convince your OHs? Or didn't you?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: DH doesn't want to use cloth :(

Postby twinkletot » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 pm

:( :hug: :hug: :hug:

We started cloth with ds at 18 months! It was then that it took a LOT of persuading for dp to be happy. I must admit in the end I just did it and he had no choice.

N was a heavy wetter and dp had no idea how much the nappies were costing me that worked for him!
I will admit to being really lucky and he would not even consider disps for A and h sings cloth's praises to anyone who says otherwise now!

What were your reasons for starting cloth with Darcy in the first place? Maybe start back at those points and try to convince him that way. Maybe to agree to try the cloth to start with and see how you go?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Hmm I think the thing that won him over with cloth originally was the cost, but not sure I could convince him of the same this time after the amount I have spent :giggle: was wondering whether to just buy about 20 little lambs in size 1 and just go from there, problem is I know what i'm like and will get drawn into all the WAHM nappies again :oops: I swear I must spend half my day looking at nappies :oops:

Guess I have a long time to work on him, but I want to start buying nappies :hohoho:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:28 pm

DH never said no but I would say my DS is a very heavy wetter and DD (no 2) could last an Itti for 3 hours which would be unheard of for DS. Perhaps you could mix so spouses for him and cloth through the day when he's no around (if he's happy with that of course).
Sorry I don't know what I would have done in that situation. Good luck.

My avatar
ThreeDragons
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ThreeDragons » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:36 pm

why don;t you buy cloth for when you have the baby, and he can be responsible for buying sposies for when he is on nappy change duty, and then neither of you have to back down if it's that important... Nappies will be bought one way or another so get on with it and start shopping :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Hannahboo wrote:Hmm I think the thing that won him over with cloth originally was the cost, but not sure I could convince him of the same this time after the amount I have spent :giggle: was wondering whether to just buy about 20 little lambs in size 1 and just go from there, problem is I know what i'm like and will get drawn into all the WAHM nappies again :oops: I swear I must spend half my day looking at nappies :oops:

Guess I have a long time to work on him, but I want to start buying nappies :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle:

You can always sneak the WAHM ones in later when he's been drawn back in :twisted:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:42 pm

so many babies about at the moment that you could pick up your stash cheaper than new x

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Do you think you will really get drawn in again?

I feel like i've been there, done that and am thinking i will be a lot more frugal next time - some basics with a few nice ones and def not 3x the amount we actually need :giggle: :wink:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:48 pm

My dh would never have a say in it. I was the one at home changing bums most of the time, I was the one doing the washing.
Cost-wise cloth is always going to be better, even if you are shelling out buying more to try. We paid for the best part of our bathroom re-fit when ds3 potty trained and I sold the nappies on.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat