hf1

DH doesn't want to use cloth :(

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: DH doesn't want to use cloth :(

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:46 pm

If you want a cheap option with snaps then go for sandys, the bamboo ones for heavier wetters/overnight. I bought half of mine pre-loved and they are now on their second baby with loads of life left in them!

I have all my small and large nappies left, just need to buy extra small again which I managed to buy a stash of pre-loved last time for £100 or so then sell it for what I paid give or take £10 or so, so cloth is a no brainer for me as apart from the washing costs and i'll probably need some new wraps as some of mine have seen better days after 2 in cloth (particularly the M/L ones as Christopher wore them until he PTing at 2 years and 10 months) but other than that I won't have to spend anything really. With Emily I have probably only spent about £80 extra in total as she couldn't have all boy/GN nappies and had to have some girly ones but then again I bought her large fluff and stuffs second hand which she fitted from 8 months and will still fit at potty training so I will have got my monies worth.

Yvette

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:31 pm

I knew you would suggest sandies Yvette :giggle: will have to keep a look out for cheap bamboo ones, although they dont seem to come up pre loved very often. I think DHs problem mainly is with the early days and having to do a lot of things himself, as if I am anything like I was after having Darcy I couldn't do much at all for the first couple of weeks apart from feed her :(

Lucie, how are you finding the new easy fit? If I could get away with a stash of them I would but scared I would buy them only for them not to work. Thinking of getting one when they come on sale and try it on Darcy to see how they are compared to the older version. My sister has a stash of easy fits that she used on my niece until she recently started out weeing them and has said we can borrow them which is worth a try although would prefer poppers which is why I like the look of the new ones!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Why not just let your DH use the sposies and then you can use cloth once you are ready? If he's going to get on board, it is more likely if you dont force the issue ;)

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:05 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Why not just let your DH use the sposies and then you can use cloth once you are ready? If he's going to get on board, it is more likely if you dont force the issue ;)

I think that maybe the way we have to go. If we use sposies until I am sorted, hopefully this time I will be up and about sooner anyway. I do have a lot of time to think about it and see if he changes his mind though :giggle:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:50 pm

My DH wouldn't get to put his foot down on it, I do most of the nappy changes and all the washing, and he doesn't have to spend money on sposies, he has no need to complain! Well, he wouldn't be happy if I was spending lots of money on them now (I can't remember when I last bought a cloth nappy :oops: ) but it's not like we don't have enough already!

I haven't got much into WAHM nappies this time, mainly for money reasons! But I didn't miss having loads of pretty newborn nappies - cheap Sandies, little lambs and lots of preloved were just fine. A few pretty nappies too of course :twisted: Some babies are heavier wetters than others so don't worry about that just yet, maybe you will need to compromise with your DH on how much can be spent on nappies etc, but don't stand for "No" :wink:

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Hannah,

Give XS a miss and get a small/onesize stash of pre-loved fitteds then there is no pressure on you or DH to start cloth from day 1.

Yvette

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 pm

The easyfits are lovely. I have lots of the v2s (cherrylicious etc) and then one of the 'new' new ones, green applix - it's gorgeous - trim, absorbant and fits like a dream.

I can't decide if I'll be getting poppers or applix, applix is great because they can pop over.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Amelie is a super duper wetter like Darcy. We ended up using BG with pd bamboo & 2 ep hemp. They last about 1.5-2 hrs which is better than all the other nappies we tried. It's been some time since I have been able to get her to go all night in a booster super wetter nn so we use sposies at night & they are at bursting point in the morning where the gel balls are oozing out of the nappy & getting stuck to her skin :puke: :puke: (btw Lidl brand nappies are the only ones that last all night for us)

I understand your husband's pov, my husband feels the same. We spent so much on nappies & when I finally thought I'd cracked it & we found ones the worked for us, Amelie would up her game & it was so discouraging. When we have another, I think I will be going with the basics mostly. I already have size 1 bamboo little lambs which were my first stash with Amelie. I'm considering using nb bamboo terry squares & a few of the basic nb nappies that I will get from classifieds, like diddy diapers & teenyfits & going from there really. I will be keeping myself on a tight nappy budget but I imagine I'll throw some nice ones in there somewhere.

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm

We have the new easyfit in aplix and it works really well. Dries super quick and lasted 3hrs plus on Dan today with no extra booster as there was no changing facility where we were x my oh likes them as well - no faff involved and as easy as sposies x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat