Help and advice needed please.

My avatar
lisadainty
Clothie
Clothie

Help and advice needed please.

Postby lisadainty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi

I have dabbled with re-usable nappies in the past but had to give up the addiction (it was an addiction) as DH refused to use them! So stopped..

But now my boys are 4 and almost 3 (in June) I am thinking re-usables may work again, as neither are dry on a night and pull ups/ nappies are costing a fortune, and my youngest is starting to potty train, and during the day in the house he will be dry but only if you leave his trousers and pants off him! As soon as he wears any trousers he wee's :-(and if we go out anywhere he refuses to use a toilet he doesn't 'know' or a potty if we take his, and on the odd occasion where I've quicky nipped out somewhere he'll wee in his car seat, so I feel like I have no option but to put him in nappies again,

I would really like some suggestions as to which nighttime nappies are the best to use and what with, and what would the best solution be for my youngest..

Please help.

Lisa

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Help and advice needed please.

Postby monsterm » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Holden's Landing bedbug+ in toddler size are very good. Don't know if they would fit your 4 year old. What weight is he? What weight is your 2 year old? It also depends on how heavy they wet. If they are light wetters, they might get away with a standard fitted with extra boosting. How full are the disposables in the morning?

My avatar
lisadainty
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisadainty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm

My 4 year old is 2 stone 5 (or he was 2 weeks ago) and my 2 1/2 year old is 2 stone 2 (again 2 weeks ago)
Some days they wake up completely soaked including pj's and bedding, and other days the nappy is barely wet. :-(

I have got 2 ecobubs to try and some flips, do the Holden's landing bedbug's come up small?

My 4yo is quite small for his age and just in 4-5 clothes, where as my 2 1/2 yr is 3 in June and is in age 3 tops and age 2 bottoms,

xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Try here http://www.nappiesbyminki.co.uk/ they have a good sized pocket so you can add as much or as little stuffing as you want, the slinki might be ok for your needs x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I agree with PPs, a bedbug plus or a Minky pocket would fit both boys. If the toddler bedbug is too small there is a Junior designed for older children. A few websites have them instock atm but they are not a cheap option (almost £30 a nappy inc postage).

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat