hf1

New nappy time. Input?

My avatar
loumo
Clothie
Clothie

New nappy time. Input?

Postby loumo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:17 pm

My nappies, bought 2nd hand, have seen my first three kids through and after a year on dd#4, they are about done. Which means, a decade on, I need to buy new nappies. Anyone want to rec their fave and have a window shopping session with me?

Info: Baby is now almost 15mths. Breastfed and has loose poo but only once a day. Typical baby build (first time I've had an average build baby!). Sensitive skin. Slung most of the day, and nappies need to cope with the sling and lots of wee because on school-sports-dancing runs, there's not a lot of time for changes! Washing in a normal machine, line drying. Full time use, and they'd need to last for future babies to justify the cost.

So go on, what would you choose and why?! My prev lot were a very mixed bundle, but I mostly reach for tots or bumbles with ME wraps. Poppered, since she rips off the rikkis! The sandy's toddler is a perfect fit, as is the minki stuffie we love for nights... The rest mainly nippa to suit. My popolinos shredded in the wash, and my bumhuggers were too saggy without internal padding, but I'm open to most brands and most styles...

Lou

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: New nappy time. Input?

Postby confusinglady » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Wow no one else has replied yet!?
I d say go for the two parters again if that's what you reach for, I still find them the most reliable at holding everything in.
I m a big thirties duo wrap fan. They come with poppers but only tried the Velcro ones myself. I Didn t find the size 1 s worked well with Sandies though as the leg cuffs would often sneak out and wick.

I am overall a bit of a thirsties fan. I like the duo pocket nappies and the prefold from them. I mainly use basic cotton prefolds though so not an exciting nappy to share. I am a prefold fan though and would perhaps if starting again go for some more of the slimmer prefolds such as the bamboo velour ones or more thirsties cotton hemp mix.

Have fun shopping xxxx

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: New nappy time. Input?

Postby justme123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

WSS :wink: if the two part fitteds are working for you then stick with them. I also love bumbles. How about some Little Lamb bamboo instead of the totsbots? And there's a whole load of wraps to try - thirsties duo are lovely, as are blueberry coverall.

I am also recently discovering prefolds, mostly using flip wraps at the moment but looking for others that will work with dd's huuuge thighs!

If you fancy trying some pockets then BG (bumgenius) are a good place to start. Reliable and easy to use, and the v4 come in poppers. You may need to upgrade the inserts/ boost though for a heavy wetter.

Have fun!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat