Libby
Clothie
Clothie

Ella's House Bumslender

Postby Libby » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Manufacturer: Ella's House
Nappy Name: Bum Slender
Type of Nappy: Day time fitted
Fastener: Aplix or Poppers (I have poppers)
Material: Hemp/cotton mix
Size: Comes in small, large, x-large (I have the large which fits my 9 month old with plenty of room to grow into)

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbency: 7/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 4/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Recommended

Detailed Comments:

This is a very slim fitting nappy which also looks cute due to the coloured stitching on a natural un-dyed background. It is very soft and durable-looking on arrival but I have found that it has 'bobbled' a little with use and washing (I tumble and then dry on an indoor airer). This doesn't detract from its cuteness though.

Being hemp I had very high hopes for its absorbency, but it is so slim that I find that I need a booster. I notice that the newer version has a flap-out booster so this might solve the problem. I like the gentle elastic at the back and legs - it doesn't look uncomfortable or leave red marks. :D

It does take a very long time to dry... Not a nappy to choose if you can't either tumble or line dry.

Overall I think it is a good daytime nappy at a very good price, but as hemp goes I prefer my baby beehinds as they are much more absorbent (due to having a choice of two boosters). I do like the fact that they are sized though rather than birth to potty as my little one is tall and I can't see her birth to potty nappies fitting all the way to potty training.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews