Re: Review Bamboo Baby Beehinds

Postby emmalala » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 2/10
Slimness: 6/10
Value for money: 9/10

detailed comments: have 3 of these and use them with great effect at night. only complaint is that they take ages to dry

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Manufacturer: Baby Beehinds
Nappy Name: Bamboo Baby Beehinds
Type of Nappy: BTP fitted nappy
Fastener: front-snap poppers
Material: Bamboo fleece
Size: BTP

Cuteness: 7/10
Drying Speed: 1/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
This is not a genuine BTP nappy - although it does fit from VERY small (fitted Grace at 7lbs!) it does not fit Isabelle now and she out-grew the rise very early on (well before 18months I think) from what I remember... And there's NO WAY it would fit her now!
That said it's the most absorbent nappy we've owned unboosted and makes a great night nappy for a young baby and a great daytime fitted later on...

Over time these nappies can get a little stiff especially when line dried and are AMAZINGLY slow to dry - I tumble dry them and they need to go on the airer overnight afterwards...

I do love the bright colours (we have purple, green and orange) and they're quite cute for a plain fitted :)

Oh and very very slim for the absorbency!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:This is not a genuine BTP nappy - although it does fit from VERY small (fitted Grace at 7lbs!) it does not fit Isabelle now and she out-grew the rise very early on (well before 18months I think) from what I remember... And there's NO WAY it would fit her now!

Ah see I disagree - Louis is now over 3 and they still fit him beautifully - I boost them with some extra hemp and they are fantastic night nappies - he still has poppers to spare. I wish I'd bought them earlier and they really would have been BTP for me!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 pm

clothmama wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:This is not a genuine BTP nappy - although it does fit from VERY small (fitted Grace at 7lbs!) it does not fit Isabelle now and she out-grew the rise very early on (well before 18months I think) from what I remember... And there's NO WAY it would fit her now!

Ah see I disagree - Louis is now over 3 and they still fit him beautifully - I boost them with some extra hemp and they are fantastic night nappies - he still has poppers to spare. I wish I'd bought them earlier and they really would have been BTP for me!

Hmmm perhaps I should try them on her - how heavy/chunky is Louis?
Isabelle barely fits in her M/L dreamscape now - and large standard minkis are on the small side... :? But she is tall/large for her age and weighs around 40lbs (around 17.8 kgs)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Hmmm perhaps I should try them on her - how heavy/chunky is Louis?
Isabelle barely fits in her M/L dreamscape now - and large standard minkis are on the small side... :? But she is tall/large for her age and weighs around 40lbs (around 17.8 kgs)

Ahhh see Louis is pretty little in comparison, he is only 14.7 kg and not really chunky! You may struggle with her I can see now - she weighs Louis plus a newborn!!! :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:02 am

Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:I like these alot and used them as night nappies with my daughter, I used to use one under wool and it would last her all night, wonderful!! :mrgreen: However on a downside, i found that she outgrew the rise on these at around 11-12 months which meant that they wernt a great BTP option for us...after a year old I had to sell them becuase she would get a builders bum :giggle:

Overall a fab little nappy that I wish my DD hadent outgrown...then i may have held onto them and might have still had them for Ds!! :wink:

My avatar
taznmaple
Clothie
Clothie

Postby taznmaple » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:59 am

Manufacturer: BabyBeeHinds
Nappy Name: One Size Bamboo Fitted
Type of Nappy: Fitted Onesize
Fastener: Snaps
Material: Bamboo
Size: Onesize

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 5/10
Drying Speed: 1/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: N/A

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
I have 8 BBH Onesize - 6 bamboo, 2 hemp, they were passed on to me secondhand.

I've been using them on DD, who is tiny, since she was about 8 weeks and I reckon they would have fit her from birth (3.3kg). The leg fit is great (better when you tuck the leg frills in) and they last a long time. They are very easy to put on too.

Very very slow to dry, you need a decent breeze!

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:26 am

Manufacturer:Baby beehind
Nappy Name:Bamboo
Type of Nappy: Fitted
Fastener: front fastening popper
Material: bamboo
Size: OFSM

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbency: 9/10
Cuteness: 7/10
Drying Speed: 6.10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 6/10

Overall comment:
Very absorbant but too hard

Detailed Comments:
Bought these preloved and they are very stiff which makes difficult to fasten and get good fit also concerned about comfort for baby. Maybey better bought new or nearly new

Pros
Nappy very absorbent
Slim fitting
boosters popper keeping them in place

Cons
Too stiff even after tumble drying
think they are on small side
Very slow drying especially around elasticacted parts

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews