Little Lambs bamboo fitted nappy with applix fastening

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: 7/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended

I had a couple of size 1 Little Lamb bamboo nappies and loved them on my little boy from birth. They are very reasonably priced. They are less bulky than the cotton or microfibre nappies and very absorbent. I like the fact that the booster is removable so you can make them even slimmer, although obviously this compromises the absorbency. If I was to have another baby I would definately have some of these in my collection. I had the applix fastening which makes them a little more bulky and less adjustable than nippas, but I prefer applix to nippas.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Review Little Lamb - Bamboo

Postby flutterby » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:24 am

Reliability: 9
Absorbancy: 9
Cuteness: 2
Drying Speed: 5
Slimness: 7
Value for money: 9

Overall Comment: Boring but very functional

I have used my bamboo LL over night on occasion and it has done the job, I find it quite slow drying, and rather boring, but other that it's fab, much more absorbent that the cotton little lambs, and slimmer too! Definately have their place in any nappy stash in my opinion!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Drying Speed: 4/10
Slimness: 6/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall comment: Great nappy, absorbs well and stays so so soft, absorbs more than the totsbots bamboozles. Downside is they take an age to dry.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:31 am

Cuteness: 5/10
Value for money: 10/10

Coments:
i love these, they are very boring to look at, only come in plain white and I dont like the way they look when dyed so i keep mine white...however they are super functional and very reasonable priced £70 buys you 10 lovely fluffy, silky little lambs!! The bamboo ones are FAR better than the cotton and are absolutly a must have in any nappy collection!! :wink: They are slim enough to fit under all my sons clothes and last around 3 hours...great! :mrgreen:

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby alwaysagirly » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Manufacturer: Little lamb
Nappy Name : Bamboo
Type of Nappy : Shaped
Fastener : Aplix
Material : Bamboo
Size : Size 1

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 4/10
Drying Speed: 3/10
Slimness: 6/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended - there should be at least one in every nappy stash :wink:

Detailed Comments:
This was one of my first ever cloth nappy purchace and remains the only one not to let me down. I was amazed at how well it contained my daughters breastfed baby poo, especially as she only goes every 5 days, so you can imagine the amount and force that comes out with :hohoho: . It also easily lasts the night using only the booster that is supplied, during the day it lasts approximately 4-6 hours. It was used from birth (7lb 1oz) and is still in use some 7 months later. It didn't appear to bulky on her as a newborn and when used with it's own wrap and under clothes you would never have guessed she was wearing cloth, it was so slim and never gave her that big bum cloth look, but when you picked her up she still had that squidgey bum cloth feel, which I love. It still fits her well now over 7 months on. It has washed well, I live in a very hard water area (s.e. Kent) and it has retained its soft and silky texture, unlike some of my other bamboo nappies, it has also remained stain free by using the power of sunshine, and still looks as good as new.

Summary

For its price I don't believe you can get a more reliable or better value nappy

It arrives soft sliky and suidgey and remains so, even after repeated use/washing

it has a long drying time which in my opinion is a small price to pay for the reliability you get

It certainly isn't the cutest/brightest/most colourful nappy on the market, but it does exactly what it's supposed to and it can be covered by a wrap of your choice

I believe this is a good entry level nappy for someone who is thinking of using cloth, its simple to use, cheap and reliable and would wholeheartedly recommend it

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Value for money: 9/10

i really like these nappies. They are soft and squishy, reliable. I use them with PUL wraps. i have used them as size 1 and now have a size 2. I don't get leaks with them.

downsides- plain nappy. and the size 2 seems a little smaller to my other size 2, for example compared with tots bots

My avatar
bunnymummy
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Little Lamb Bamboo Fitted Nappy Review

Postby bunnymummy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Little Lambs bamboo fitted nappy with applix fastening. Size 1.

Reliability: 8/10
Slimness: 5/10
Value for money: 5/10

Overall Comment: Surprised these nappies come so highly recommended

I loved these nappies when I first bought them. Nice fabric. Very absorbant. Caught all bf poos. For the absorbancy, these nappies are probably relatively slim fitting. I really like the wrap and have now bought in M and L.

Downsides - Elastic in the back completely went after a few weeks and elastic in the legs have stretched. This is pretty poor considering the price (they are now cheaper I believe, but I bought at 10 quid each). They are low rise so give my son builder's bum and this, with the fact the elastic had gone, meant they leaked when he was put down to sleep. Low rise with the very stiff aplix meant the nappies rubbed a lot too. Also, extremely slow drying (and I live in S France!).

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:02 pm

bunnymummy wrote:Little Lambs bamboo fitted nappy with applix fastening. Size 1.

Reliability: 8/10
Slimness: 5/10
Value for money: 5/10

Overall Comment: Surprised these nappies come so highly recommended

I loved these nappies when I first bought them. Nice fabric. Very absorbant. Caught all bf poos. For the absorbancy, these nappies are probably relatively slim fitting. I really like the wrap and have now bought in M and L.

Downsides - Elastic in the back completely went after a few weeks and elastic in the legs have stretched. This is pretty poor considering the price (they are now cheaper I believe, but I bought at 10 quid each). They are low rise so give my son builder's bum and this, with the fact the elastic had gone, meant they leaked when he was put down to sleep. Low rise with the very stiff aplix meant the nappies rubbed a lot too. Also, extremely slow drying (and I live in S France!).

If you contact little lamb they will sort something out this doesn't sound right must be faulty because nappies only lasting a few weeks is not ok

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 am

Manufacturer: Little lamb
Nappy Name : Bamboo
Type of Nappy : Shaped
Fastener : Aplix
Material : Bamboo
Size : Size 1 and size 2

Reliability: 10/10
Drying Speed: 2/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended -

I bought my LL's in the sale so got 15 for £45 :)
I have used them for two children who are very different shapes- one chunky one slim.
I found them very affective for both children- even nice and snug on my dd who has slim legs.
Drying wise they take ages, especially round the leg elastic, so I think without a tumble dryer in winter you may struggle to dry them quickly.
Negative points for me is that they are apix fastening which attracts fluff and dog hair and does go grey but these nappies are good value for the money and great for breastfed newborn poo, as I found them bomb proof!
Resale value not great but if you can buy in the sales then they are good value for money.
If you like little lamb on Facebook they post links to their sale.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews