hf1

Upsy Daisy Fitted Nappy Review (french soy, side snap)

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Upsy Daisy Fitted Nappy Review (french soy, side snap)

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:50 am

Manufacturer - Upsy Daisy
Nappy Name - Custom Fitted Nappy
Type of Nappy - Shaped
Fastener - I have only tried side snap, but they also have aplix
Material - I only have organic french soy terry lined with microfleece (they also have Organic Hemp Fleece & Bamboo French Terry)
Size - small, medium long, medium classic, large classic

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Highly Recommended

These are custom made and even have a choice of popper colours/patterns. They are very absorbent and stay extremely soft. Quicker drying than bamboo. Definitely my favourite nappy at the moment. Especially, as I have the Upsy Daisy Minkee Side Snap wraps which fit perfectly over them and are excellent too. Very reliable.

I have put the value for money as 10/10 as they are custom made (the customer service is excellent), microfleece lined & have an excellent re-sale value.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Review - Upsy Daisy Night Nappy (french soy; side snap)

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Nappy Name - Custom Night Nappy
Type of Nappy - Shaped
Fastener - I have only tried side snap, but they also have aplix
Material - I only have organic french soy terry lined with microfleece (they also have Organic Hemp Fleece & Bamboo French Terry)
Size - small, medium long, medium classic, large classic

Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10

These are custom made and have a choice of popper colours and colour of microfleece inners. They are very, very absorbent and stay extremely soft. Quicker drying than bamboo. There is also room to fold/put extra inserts in the pocket - not that I can imagine needing too!
My favourite night nappy. Especially, as Blake also has the Upsy Daisy fleece side snap wraps which fit perfectly over them and are excellent too and match the microfleece inners of the nappies :giggle: . Very reliable. I have also custom ordered some in xl for my toddler (who wears age 3 clothes) and they are a lovely fit too.
I have put the value for money as 10/10 as they are custom made (the customer service is excellent), microfleece lined & have an excellent re-sale value.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Review - Upsy Daisy Night Nappy (french soy; side snap)

Postby littlesez » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 am

Manufacturer; Upsy Daisy
Nappy Name; Night Nappy
Type of Nappy; fitted
Fastener ;side snap
Material ;organic french soy terry.
size ; medium

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 7/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 8/10

Postives
I have 2 of these both preloved as always :oops: so its hard to say if they are good value for money new. But for the price i paid they are excellent. I especially like the sweet dreams embroidary very cute. What i like most about these nappies is there is room for extra padding, we need a little more in the front and this nappy allows for this. The nappy and the inserts are so thin they dry pretty quick and the material is super soft and squishy love it :D

negatives
The soy is not as absorbent as other materials as i discovered from soggy woolies :( so we have to add an extra bamboo booster for it to last all night BUT there is room and not really a bother to do this. I think for a relatively slim nappy it does well. We have had a couple of leaks too, of wee whilst we were still figuring the nappy out but not since i added extra booster and of poo when we have had a poorly bubs. I dont know how well these would cope with BF explosions?

Overall: I would still recommend this nappy as generally i am very impressed. I was disheartened as first but after the advice found on CNT about extra boosting at the front we have cracked the night nappy situation with a mixture of night nappies.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Nappy Name - Soy night nappy
Type of Nappy - fitted
Fastener - Side snap
Material - Organic soy french terry
Size - Med/Long

Cuteness: 5/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 6/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments: I love these night nappies and they are my favourites. We have 2 already and another pre-loved en route. DS is a morning pooper so its good having no folds etc for poop to collect in etc and the leg elastic keeps everything inside and neat and tidy. For a night nappy I would say they dry fairly quickly when compared with other night nappies we have tried. They are also slightly slimmer than others that are maybe not quite as absorbent.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Nappy Name - Soy night nappy
Type of Nappy - fitted
Fastener - Front fastening with aplix
Material - Organic soy french terry
Size - Large trim

Reliability: 5/10
Absorbancy: 5/10
Cuteness: 5/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 6/10
Value for money: 5/10

Overall coment~ Dissapointed :(

Coments~
In my quest for night nappies I bought one of these direct from Upsy Daisy, their customer services was superb and it was with me within a week! :wink:
I paid for the extra inserts which made the nappy £17 (£18.95 with postage).

positives~
I LOVED the fit, i prefer aplix fastening as i can get a good snug fit and the aplix was lovely and strong, I would have kept it as a day nappy i guess but i just didnt love it that much... but as far as positives go im afraid thats all I have to say...

Negatives~
The absorbancy was no where near what I had hoped for and to this day I cannot understand how people manage to use these as night nappies :-? I pre-washed it 3 times and then tried to use it boosted (so nappy, extra soy night inserts and then 2 EP hemps underneath) and each time we tried it we eneded up with leaks, wet wool, wet sheet and middle of the night changes...I was very very dissapointed... I think they are expensive for saying that you can get a complete night nappy from else where for £12 plus postage :-? Where as you need to purchase the extra night boosters from upsay daisy (hence pushing the price up to £17)
I did toy with trying a minkee outter one but I didnt want to spend more money on something that I wasnt sure would work. I also found that the re-sale value was pretty poor as I tried to sell it 2 weeks after buying it and had to reduce it ALOT to get it to sell :(

Shame really as i wanted to like them :oops: :-?

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews