hf1

Bububebe Onesize Fitted Review

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Bububebe Onesize Fitted Review

Postby mamaellie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Canadian WAHM (and her family). Also sell a newborn sized nappy.
http://hyenacart.com/BubuBebe/

Normal price around £20 (slightly more if you order them directly from Canada, plus you might have to pay a customs charge.)

Reliability: 9
Absorbancy: 7
Cuteness: 10
Drying Speed: 9
Slimness: 9
Value for money: 8

Overall: Recommended

Nappy materials:
The outer is cotton knit print, and inside is either a layer of bamboo or hemp fleece as the hidden layer, then an inner layer of bamboo or cotton velour. The nappy comes with 3 snap in inserts, which each have 2 layers of hemp or bamboo and a top layer of velour.

Comments:
I find the snapping in of the 3 soakers a little confusing, honestly. There are a lot of poppers on this nappy! I am also not incredibly impressed with the absorbency of the nappy-- it seems the whole thing is wet through much quicker than my other fitteds-- it's about the same as a LL or the bambinex fitteds, but with an ep hemp booster under all the layers, it is pretty good, and still relatively trim.

Positive:
Relatively trim fit, really cute knits to choose from (still one of my favourites in my stash). Definitely versatile with all the bits that snap in and down and out, so could be used for different ages quite easily. It dries quickly and stays super soft, too.

Negative:
I find the poppers on this a little confusing, to be honest. There are a lot of bits to snap in and out and down and bits fold down. (This could just be me, though!) I am also not incredibly impressed with the absorbency of this nappy. The "wet zone" seems to get soaked all the way through quite quickly, even with all 3 soakers in which is meant to be suitable for nighttime, but there is no way I would even try this as a night nappy. I do put an EP hemp boosted under all the soakers and get a reasonable amount of time with it and as it isn't too bulky to begin with, that works pretty well. The cost is on the high side (partly due to being posted from Canada, I'm sure), but comparable with a goodmama in a lot of ways, including the cost.

Overall: Adorable nappies, suitable for not-so-heavy wetters or with boosting. Good nappy, but not the best one I've tried.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: review: bububebe one size fitted

Postby twinkletot » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Manufacturer: WAHM in Canada.
Nappy Name: Bububebe
Type of Nappy: fitted
Fastener: poppers
Material: cotton/bamboo or hemp
Size: One size

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
Positives:
I have found these to be one of the best fitteds for my ds. He is a rather heavy wetter and once the inserts are up to asorbancy they are very absorbant for him. There are times when ds does soak through them pretty quick but these are very rare. They have 3 snap in soakers rather than 2 so added absorbancy that way. I have not yet had to boost. You can use how many soakers you desire as they all snap apart for use as lo grows and for quicker drying. The soakers can be snapped into the front or back if using the nappy on the biggest setting. Therefore no exposed snaps to the front of the nappy to dig into lo! They have the cutest designs and are nice and trim fitting even on my slim lad.
The makers also do a newborn size too so if the OS was a little big then that would be no problem!
They cost around £22 from the uk or around $28 direct from her. That works out at just over £16.70 less postage for direct.
The soakers dry very quickly but the outer of the nappy I find takes a bit longer to dry as it is thicker. They wash lovely and the outer has not yet bobbled!!

Negatives:
The poppers can take a while to get used to as there are lots on there. I would also look at how the soakers are attached together before you take them off if you are feeling a little confused over how to snap them back together. When I first got mine I found it quite tricky working out how to adjust the rise but after I had a look on the website I managed to work it out.
I have also found that one of my very strong coloured ones tends to leak colour onto the PUL of the wrap that is being worn at the time when it gets quite wet. It also looks slightly faded compared to my others.
They are quite expensive compared to some other fitteds.

Overall I have to say I love these nappies. They are cute,trim and absorbant. One of my favourite in my stash.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Manufacturer: Bububebe
Nappy Name: One-size
Type of Nappy: Fitted
Fastener: Front-fastening snaps
Material: cotton knit or minkee outer, bamboo or hemp inside layer, cotton or bamboo velour inner.

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 10/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
Bububebe's are made by a Canadian WAHM, and can be bought direct from her Hyenacart store for $30 plus shipping, or about £22 plus postage from a UK online nappy shop.

I'm hugely impressed by them - they are in my opinion a true birth-to-poppy nappy; with the three snap-in soakers removed, and the front folded down, they are the cutest, softest newborn nappy imaginable. You can gradually increase the size and absorbency via the front rise and wing snaps, and add the snap-in soakers as you need them. My LO is currently 22 months old and has outgrown most one-size nappies at about 26lb as she has quite large hips and rise; I'm delighted that there is still plenty of room for growth in her Bububebes. I bought my first one last week, and immdiately bought a further three. I'm also on the hunt for more :twisted:

They are very absorbent, although not the most absorbent nappies available. They last three hours on my medium wetter. However, they are a very slim fit, outrageously cute and dry extremely quickly, which is why they are already my favourite fitteds.

I wish that I'd discovered these when I started to build my stash, and would certainly recommend them as a staple in any fitted collection which will last until potty-training and therefore provide excellent value for money.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:48 am

Manufacturer: BubuBébé
Nappy Name: Multi-size
Type of Nappy: Fitted
Fastener: Front-fastening snaps
Material: cotton knit outer, bamboo fleece core, bamboo velour inner.
Size: One-size

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Positives:
I was really impressed at how well this nappy stood up to my DD's heavy wetting. It has three snap-in soakers, which can be used alone for smaller babies or in combination for bigger ones. The nappy has been designed in such a way that the snaps are not in contact with your LO's skin. I like that the soakers are not attached together (like a Goodmama, for example) and can be used independently. The three soakers on their own mean 12 layers of absorbency. However, with some creative folding, you can up the number of layers in the wet zone, meaning the nappy lasts much longer (or at least a normal amount of time on a heavy wetter!). They're also a good, slim nappy and can easily be boosted without compromising fit - important for a skinny minnie like my little miss. I am impressed by the drying time for the absorbency offered - again, because of the design. There is plenty of growing room for my 26-month-old daughter. And I think that they look as though they could fit a newborn well. I also like that both turned and topstitched and serged nappies are offered.

Negatives: The sheer number of poppers and combination of where to snap in the soakers can be confusing at first! But you soon get the hang of it.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews