hf1

Weenotions Night Notion Review (New style)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Weenotions Night Notion Review (New style)

Postby happytails » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:37 am

Manufacturer: Wee Notions http://www.weenotions.co.uk
Nappy Name: Night Notions
Type of Nappy: Night nappy or very heavy wetter
Fastener: Side snap (poppers)
Material: The absorbent material is bamboo terry.
Size: Medium (15-25lbs) Large (20-35lbs) You can get smaller or larges sizes made up upon request. Full measurements and sizing is Here

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: mark out of 10 ie 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Absolutely Fabulous!

The first image is my flutterby fluff outer WNNN and below are some action shots. This is a Large on my daughter who is 18lbs 4oz and it is on the tightest setting

Comments:

Well when i saw this nappy i just had to have it. We have 2 of the older style night nappies with the trifold insert and although very absorbent we did get awful leg gape. This is the newer style. Instead of all the absorbent layers going into the pocket only 4 layers of bamboo terry goes into the pocket. The remaining 6 layers fold and popper on to the back on the nappy and lay over the top of the pocket and lay next to the babies skin(Like their AI2 nappy). This is topped with a stay dry layer (fleece, minkee or cuddlesoft) or alternatively you can have bamboo velour as your top layer upon request. A total of 10 layers of absorbent inserts AND an additional 2 layers of squishy bamboo terry makes up the actual nappy. This can then be topped with an outer fabric (bamboo velour, limited edition cotton etc)

Positives:
When i unwrapped this gorgeous nappy i just had to put Amber in it straight away! It lasted 4 hours in the day without even a prewash. Would have definitely lasted longer if i had left her in it as it wasnt even wet outside. When i took it off her, her bum was bone dry, thanks to the minkee inner, so far i was happy with my purchase. So i popped it in the wash, eagerly waiting for it to be clean and dry and ready to use again. This time, i decided to try it over night, having had just 1 prewash. Just for safety i added a hemp booster to the bottom of the nappy. On it went again, with some wool shorties over the top and 12 hours later i checked it. The nappy was soaked but the wool was dry :wine: Fabulous considering the bamboo is no where near up to absorbency yet! Utterly thrilled with this nappy! Definitely will be buying more of these!

Negatives:
The majority of these fabulous nappies are hand made especially for you so you do have the agonising wait time of approx 2-3 weeks. Luckily this was an instock item for me so i got my fix. I cannot fault Wee notions CS, it is FAB! And i cannot fault the nappy, it is very very well made and i just adore it. My daughter looked so comfy in it, its so so soft and squishy! You can get a bit carried away and it can get quite pricey but a basic bamboo terry outer is only £12.00!!! :shock:

Overall:
You HAVE to have one of these in your stash, they are a fab fit and work brilliantly and they are scrummy! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: WeeNotions Night Notion (New style)

Postby Frances » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:19 am

Type of Nappy: Night nappy
Fastener: Side snap (poppers)
Material: The absorbent material is bamboo terry; if you choose a minkee inner then the top layer of the booster is minkee, back with a layer of microfibre.
Size:Medium or large

Slimness: 7/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended

I was a little reluctant to order a new WNNN as the one I tried previously wasn't a good fit on Jasmine. However, I love the embroidery designs WN offer, and I love minkee and cuddlesoft inners, so I decided to give it a try.

The customer service from Suzanne was fab, as usual, and two weeks later I was delighted to receive one of the prettiest, softest nappies ever! I chose a cuddlesoft inner and outer, and was delighted at how the top insert was poppered-in, topped with cuddlesoft, to ensure that no wet layers could touch Jasmine's skin. Although I'm not keen on microterry, I was happy to have just one, layer, behind the cuddlesoft, and there were still lots of layers of bamboo terry.

The nappy is really well designed, with one insert sitting in the pocket, and the other poppering on top of the inner, to reduce leg gape. I was also able to fold over two layers to the front, to ensure extra absorbency in Jasmine's wet zone.

The rise is very high, but I prefer to have a high rise on a night nappy, for extra absorbency. We bought a large, Jasmine is about 24lb, and the nappy fastened on the second tightest poppers on both sides. There was no wing gape.
As I put Jasmine to bed, I was confident that she was in the softest, most comfortable night nappy imaginable.

The next morning, the outer of the cuddlesoft was completely dry, as were the bottom layers of the bamboo terry, even though I had only given the nappy one prewash.

I adore this nappy and will definitely be ordering more. It has spoiled me as I don't want to use most of our other night nappies any more! I just wish they did night pockets in the same design.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Type of Nappy: Night nappy or very heavy wetter
Fastener: Side snap
Material: Bamboo terry.
Size: Medium (15-25lbs) Large (20-35lbs)

Slimness: 9/10

Overall Comment: Absolutely Fabulous!

Comments:

I had heard LOT's of good thing about the WNNN for heavy wetters and thought I had better give it a try as Ds was leakng (again) at night. I asked (very cheekily) if it could be rushed through as I really needed something that would work for ds and recieved it a week after ordering. Absolutely fab cs from Suzanne as normal :D I got just a basic bamboo terry outer for £12 just to see how we got on with it.

Positives:
This is soooo soft and squishy and definately worth the money (as WN always are :wink:). I got a fleece inner and the top insert was topped with the same fabric so no wetness would be touching ds's skin. It comes with a 6 layer snap in insert and a further 4 layer insert in the pocket. I doubt I will EVER need to boost this as there are so many layers. Perfect as I always need to boost lol. I gave is ONE pre-wash then put it on overnight for ds with no boosting. He woke up with dry skin and even though it was wet on the outside there were no leaks at all. Not bad for 14 hours and one pre-wash. I am very very impressed and know that if it works this well after one wash it is going to work brilliantly for ds when it is up to complete absorbancy. They are also quite slim compared to the nappies I was using so dp is very happy about that as he hated the HUGE bum he gets with the other ones.
Negatives:
They are made to your specs so they do take 2-3 weeks to arrive so the wait can be a while if you can't find any instock. Ummmm can't think of any more negatives lol.

Overall:
If you have a heavy wetter I suggest you have to try one. I will have to get some more in my stash and I don't know how I have coped so long without them.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Type of Nappy: Night nappy/heavy wetter
Size: Medium (15-25lbs) Large (20-35lbs)

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbency: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Recommended

So everyone raved about the new style WNNN, and even though the old style didnt suit my daughters shape well, i thought i'd try this one out. I bought a purple ooga outer M.
Well, I was disappointed to be honest. It didnt absorb anywhere near the amount i expected it to, going on other peoples reviews. It was too slim in the crotch to give adequate coverage, and the side snapping style didnt suit my daughters leg shape either. Also got a lot of leg gape (without additional boosting).
The outside was sopping wet (under wool) in about 1 1/2 hrs, which i dont think is good at all for something which is supposed to be good enough for nights!
Yes, they are very pretty & cute & slim, and probably great for those babies whose shape they suit (and who arent heavy wetters!), but for me, a no-no Im afraid. A shame.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Manufacturer: Wee Notions
Type of Nappy: Night nappy
Size: Large (20-35lbs)

Drying Speed: 9/10

Overall coment: Absolutly Fab!! Brilliant! :wine:

Coments~
I had, untill trying these, really struggled with cloth at night time, I tried bedbugs and I also tried soy UDNN and i figured that I would just have to keep using disps or a boosted Goodmama...untill I found these!! :wink: I tried a couple of old style WNNN's and was so dissapointed by the fit, we got terrible leg gape and also they just were not absorbant enough...

Positives~
First of all I think these are incredible value, starting at £12 for the plain bamboo outter I think they are the best value Night nappy around! I love the side snap feature as it gives less bulk in the front so i dont worry about Kieren being uncomfie whilst sleeping on his tummy :) I bought a pre-loved plain bamboo outter one to try and loved it, yes the bamboo was wet in the morning but I used it unboosted and under a soaker... the nappy was fleece lined and Kieren was dry as a bone in the morning. The nappy was pretty wet but no where near sodden...
I tried it a couple more times and then decided to order a couple more...I ordered 4 more ( :giggle: ) all with Minkee outter/cuddlesoft inner and these are just brilliant! After 13 hours or so the outter of the nappy is still dry, we have never ever ever had a leak from these, They are the only night nappy we use now and I hope hope hope that they keep working becuse we love them! I use them un boosted with only the inserts provided.
The selection of minkee's is lovely too so there is plenty to choose from and they are jusr gorgeous! :mrgreen: They took 2.5ih weeks to arrive aswell so not bad for custom nappies and the customer service was good too...

Negatives~
ummm i cant think of any :giggle: The price is great, the quality is great, the absorbancy is great... So yeah no negatives that I can think of? I guess they can get expensive if you start adding embroidery but no more expensive than a bed bug or UD NN and deffintly nicer in my opinion :)

Here is our collection :mrgreen:

(Top picture is Grapeaid minkee, Lagoon minkee, plain bamboo outter and then huckleberry minkee)
(Bottom picture is Aqua sea minkee)

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Weenotions Night Notion Review (New style)

Postby Katielou » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:37 am

Manufacturer:Wee notions
Nappy Name:Night notions
Type of Nappy: Fitted
Fastener: side fastening popper
Material: bamboo Hemp microfibre minky outer fleece lined
Size: large

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbency: 9/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Slimness: 8/10

Overall comment:
Favourite night nappy

Detailed Comments:
Excellent design, good value highly recommend

Pros
Nappy very absorbent can be used with pul without additional boosters
With addition hemp inside can be used with wool and is only damp outside in morning
Minky outer is soft, lovely patterns and fully customisable
fleece lined so omits need for liner
Inserts go in pocket and popper so easier to use and less leg gape
Excellent value
Comes apart a lot so dries relatively quickly

Cons
can get builder bum by morning
Sides where they fasten seem to dig in Lo Chucky thighs a little but no marks so not big problem

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews