Cloth Nappy Groupie

Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretch / Stretchies Review

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Manufacturer Tots Bots
Nappy Name Bamboozle Stretch / Stretchies
Type of Nappy shaped
Fastener aplix
Material stretchy bamboo
Size size 1 and size 2/btp (which easily fits from birth for many babies)

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
Pros: Absolutely everything!

I have to say, I've found this nappy to be absolutely amazing, and this comes from someone who's tried hundreds of different cloth nappies, including all the well known and expensive designer/wahm nappies! It might not look so exciting at first glance, esp if you're used to embroidery or hand-dyed fabrics, but this is one killer nappy when it comes to performance and absorbancy!

We were privledged to be one of the first to try this nappy from Tots Bots and have tested it for over 6 months now. I'm yet to find a nappy that can be lined dried for that length of time (without any tumble drying!) and to still be so super soft and flexible. So for anyone who doesn't have a tumble drier and stays away from natural fibre nappies because they can't face the crispy nappies - here's the nappy for you!

As for absorbency, we always had soaked Bedbugs on Clement after a night in them. So I was amazed to find that after only *2* prewashes, my 10mo son could wear the Stretchy for 11 hours overnight, and half the nappy was still dry! And due to the lovely feel of this fabric, it doesn't feel soggy/soaked when it's totally wet - the baby's skin still feels rather dry, esp when used with a fleece/suedecloth liner on top.

If slim nappies are important to you, this is another added benefit. I'm still yet to work out how this nappy can be so slim and yet so absorbant! The poppered booster is 3 layers of stretchy bamboo and is still so very thin (think the thin-ness of hemp boosters, and this is even thinner!), meaning if you had a super heavy wetter, you could buy several extra booster and the nappy would still look very slim indeed! And yet the cosy/stretchy/snug-ness of this nappy means *nothing* can escape - the most explosive newborn poo can't get out of this nappy!

And when it comes to sizing - in danger of over-using this word - yes, amazing! Because the nappy is so slim, stretchy, and flexible, you can use the size 2 nappy on a young baby without feeling you've got a huge bulk between the baby's legs. The height poppers down so nicely and the "crotch" of the nappy just squishes together, making a very nice fit. At the same time, my nearly 3yo son (who is about as big as his 4yo sister) is really getting tooo big for most nappies! We were struggling to get his size 2 Bamboozles on him last summer. Yet the new Stretchy can fit around him with ease - I could even see him able to wear it as a night nappy in a year's time, if needed! And there's so much space in the nappy that you don't feel he's being squashed in the nappy, like he is with most other nappies out there.

So all in all, I think it's a nappy everyone should try. It ticks all the boxes I can think of - a very useful nappy indeed! Day or night, newborn or toddler - a nappy for all babies and all ages!

Cons: none!

My avatar
dominica2dot
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretch / Stretchies Review

Postby dominica2dot » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:13 pm

I bought some of these nappies second hand in as new condition in size 1 and I have to disagree with all comments. It is soaked through in couple of hours on my 3 months old and feels very wet against her skin even with fleece liner. It is nice and soft but I find that my daughter is outgrowing it at 13lb and this should fit up to 18lb so bit disappointed but it is really trim indeed.

My avatar
cara2244
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cara2244 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm

I use these at night and love them. In particular, the other week my DD did a poo in the night and I didn't realise. When I changed her in the morning she had definitely been in the pooey nappy for a few hours (nice!!) But there wasn't even a hint of a rash on her skin.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:11 pm

I didn't like them and found them way too wide in the crotch and had to boost them quite a lot.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 am

I'm another HUUUGE fan. I have the size 2's - bought them when ds was about 4 months old for night nappies. He wears them for 12 hours with a totsbots fleece wrap and they are hardly ever sodden. He has even started doing an early morning no. 2 and his botty is still super soft. They do dry quickly and are very easy to put on a wriggly baby as they are so stretchy. FAB NAPPIES!!!

My avatar
isaacsmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby isaacsmum » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:48 am

Overall i find them a reasonable fitted nappy, for night time use only though. With thhe drying time, i woukd hate to think how many I'd need to use full time, about 40 i guess!! I totally disagree with thhem staying soft after line drying, and the drying time too. About 2 whole days to dry for us (and that was in the summer, haven't used them since) and are like sandpaper after. I need to blast them in the tumble drier to soften them up, which has meant the leg elastic has gone slack! There are much slimmer fitting fitted nappies out there too.
To be honest, I'm disappointed for all the hype!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Had to stick my comments on here ;-) loved the fit in theory but there's no way they'd have been small enough at the time for lo from birth and also-I basically have to put enough boosting akin to another nappy inside it to make it last more than an hour. Not the nappy for me but I know that others swear by it-depends on whether your lo is a heavy wetter or not I guess? (And they're a bit boring if you're into funky prints and colours like me)

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:10 pm

I've been using Size 2's on my LO - she is chunky & tall and they aren't a great fit, not quite high enough in the rise at 14 months.

But they wash & dry well and the aplix has lasted well. I'm sure with a slimmer baby they would work well.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Im loving them! at 18lbs my chunkster just fitted in the sz 1, but we used sz2s mostly from 4 weeks, not boosted, just lined, excellent!

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews