Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

TotsBots Flexitot

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Manufacturer: TotsBots
Nappy Name: Flexitot
Type of Nappy: Fitted
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Bamboo inner, water resistant outer (still need a wrap)
Size: Size 2 (we've used from birth)

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: 5/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10 (£9.99 each)

Overall Comment: *
Highly recommended, A great stock nappy for newbies

Detailed Comments:
We bought loads of these after using a trial kit and decided that these were best for our needs. The size 2 Flexitot is quite bulky on a newborn but works fine if you can put up with the bulk. The flexitot is narrow between the legs so the fit is good from a young age.
The bamboo insert folds out for quicker drying and I have found that these are very quick drying for a bamboo nappy.
There is plenty of room to boost the nappies and I can imagine that if you have a light-reasonable wetter, you could boost these enough for overnight.
The wet resistant outer means that woolies and wraps stay dryer but the fabric is still breathable.
I think there are two things which let this nappy down:
1) There is no stay dry lining so I use fleece liners
2) The legs are very rounded and only slightly elasticated. This makes them very comfortable for baby but does allow poo to escape which means that everytime baby poos, the wrap will need washing.

Overall, I am really pleased with these nappies, they aren't pretty but that gives me an excuse to buy gorgeous wraps and woolies.

My avatar
ellemonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: TotsBots Flexitot

Postby ellemonkey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 pm

I have the size 1's and just wanted to echo everything you have said.

My boy is 22lbs now and only just manages to fit in so have had a fair bit of use out of them, the fit for the size 1's are amazing.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: TotsBots Flexitot

Postby mudita » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Manufacturer: TotsBots
Nappy Name: Flexitot V2
Type of Nappy: Fitted with a stuffable pocket
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Bamboo lining, microfibre core, water resistant outer (technical fabric)
Size: Size 2 used as a BTP

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 7/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 6/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
We use these as night nappies at the moment, under a fleece tots bots wrap. They keep my little one dry all night, and the fleece is not even damp in the morning, unlike every other night nappy. We only boost with one bamboo booster in the pocket as well, and this is on a heavy wetting newborn who wees through everything else in a few hours.

The breathable outer seems to help with the evaporation under the fleece, and the double sided bamboo and micro fleece inner is very thick and absorbant, and has remained soft even in our hard water. One of the biggest positives is the drying time, with the fold out booster, they dry super quick despite being bamboo--they dry in a quarter of the time it takes my Bamboozle Stretchies, and I am positive they also absorb more. They wash well, and don't seem to hold stains.

I don't like fitteds during the day, so haven't tried them out for daytime use. They are a bit bulkier than my other BTP/Size 2 nappies, though, which I do like at night, they give a very squishy bum. And the breathable outer doesn't stay bright white due to the kind of fabric it is, but that is very minor. Putting an aplix fastening wrap over the aplix fastening of the nappy does put a bit of bulk at the front, so they might be more comfy with a popper wrap on top.

Fit wise, they seem to fit well with the rise poppers and the aplix fastening with cross over tabs. We've not experienced leaks out the legs yet, though they aren't tight fitting in that area.

Overall, I definitely want to get a few more for nights. They are almost even tempting me to use fitteds during the day as well, I like them so much!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews