Size: Onesize

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness 8/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

Detailed comments:

I am writing this review for both the bamboo and the hemp versions of this wonderful fitted nappy, as I have both rate equally high by my standards.

Trim fitting and very adjustable this truly is a birth to potty. They come with a large and small snap-in booster which you can use either of or both together. Gently gathered legs make for brillient containment. My first buy was a lovely off-white colour with rainbow trim which I thought was gorgeous enough until I descovered that they come in a whole rainbow (bamboo version) as with all fitteds though its a shame you don't see much of them as they go under a wrap, but these nappies perform extremely well. On a first use without pre- washing you can expect around 3 hours dryness, but once they reach their peak they make the perfect night time nappy, going 12 hours without leaking and moisture is drawn away from babys bottom into the very thirsty fabric.

The bamboo version is generally more silky to the touch and retains its softness after washing and drying, whereas the hemp needs to be softened. Some may recommend putting them in the dryer to soften, however in keeping with the eco-ness I find that just rubbing them over the bar of a clothes airer a few times softens them up great, and if that doesn't work a wash with some bi-carb and white vingear deffinately will :)

The drying time is not so great, however when you weigh it up against how well they perform its not that significant (too me anyway) I'd rather have a great nappy like this that takes a while, than have a good one that has a speedy drying time. 'Good things come to those who wait they say' lol.

These coupled with Nature Babies Classic wraps make the perfect night nappy for my heavy wetting baby

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: BabyBeehinds Bamboo and Hemp

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 am

Manufacturer: Baby Beehinds
Nappy Name: Hemp One
Type of Nappy: Fitted
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Hemp
Size: Onesize

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 10/10
Cuteness: 5/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
It has 2 snap in boosters that lay inside but even with both snapped in the nappy is very slim fitting. My only reason for dropping 1 mark on slimness was due to the nappy being so hard the edges around the leg don't give a smooth line as they ruffle out iyswim.
Having said that, this is completely forgiven as these are amazingly absorbant nappies with excellent containment and last my heavy wetter all night with 1 extra insert/booster between nappy & wrap/wool. This fantastic absorbency for me far outweighs the slow drying speed (although I imagine this wouldn't be such an issue with a tumble dryer). I regularly choose this as my night nappy over my Weenotions or Puddlekins night nappies because absorbancy is just as good but as the nappy is so slim fitting I imagine it's more comfortable for LO lying down all night.

The nappy I have is completely plain (a neutral natural fibre colour) so wins no awards for cuteness! However I'm sure this could be dyed if you wanted to jazz it up, and because it requires a wrap anyway no one sees the nappy so you still end up with gorgeously cute bum with the wrap :) I bought mine pre-loved so possibly an older version as from looking on their website they now have rainbow trim stitching and coloured snaps.

For me the negatives are the fact that the nappy is incredibly hard and if I don't rub the entire nappy and both inserts (against itself / over clothes horse bars etc) to soften it up a bit then it feels quite rough to put next to baby skin. I do live in a very hard water area without a tumble dryer so I am seeing this issue at it's worst.
The other issue is the sizing as my LO has just turned 1 and she only has one waist snap left to go and no more rise snaps (and this has been the case since i bought it when she was about 9/10 months old). I would be surprised if this nappy lasts past 18 months if my chunky and long baby continues to grow at the same rate (but I will happily come back and amend this comment if nappy proves me wrong)! I imagine this would however fit a baby from a very small size (possibly even absolute newborn) and you could easily leave out the long booster at that age and have plenty of absorbency.

Overall a massive :thumbsup: and well worth searching out as they don't seem that easy to find in UK.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappy Reviews