hf1

Natural Mamma AOI nappy

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Natural Mamma AOI nappy

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:39 pm

This is the nappy I received to test when Tory asked for testers here - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=110471

Manufacturer: Natural Mamma
Nappy Name: ?
Type of Nappy: AIO
Fastener: Aplix
Material: PUL outer and bamboo / cotton bosters
Size: One size

Reliability: 7/10
Absorbency: 6/10
Cuteness: 4/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: mark 1/10
Value for money: N/A, I didn't purchase the nappy

Overall Comment: Change bag nappy!

Detailed Comments:
The nappy looks good and seems well made. I like the colour of ours, a lovely soft yellow. The snap in insert / booster were soft to begin with and still soft after line drying.

There are four rows of snaps to change the height on this nappy, which is great if you are using this for more than one child, as long as you don't have a skinny minnie like mine! It's about half an inch higher in the rise (fully extended) than my Bumgenius V3, so would still fit my 4 year old if he needed it. To give you an idea of the comparison for the smaller end of the range, it did fit my youngest on the smallest snaps with waist tabs crossed over when he was in tots bots easyfits snapped down to the smallest rise.

However, this is where I was less impressed with the nappy. The snap in insert is one size and to use the nappy on it's smallest setting leaves you with a huge amount of insert to fold..... somewhere. I never really figured out the whole folding to give good absorbancy at the front for my little boy vs minimising the bulk. If I had also needed to use the booster, it would have increased the problem. Sadly, the booster does not snap in, in place of the insert, so I couln't minimise the bulk that way.

This does have a small gusset on it and the leg elastic is great for containing explosions. There is also a
covered section at each end of the nappy where the inserts snap in, which work to prevent wicking and stop you from having to get your fingers yuckky when unsnapping the inserts from a dirty nappy.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Natural Mamma AOI nappy

Postby JabberJabber » Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 pm

@docmaggoo Were you going to review this nappy too?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Natural Mamma AOI nappy

Postby docmaggoo » Thu May 02, 2013 9:02 pm

@jabberjabber Yep here's my review (and DH's!)

Manufacturer: Natural Mamma
Nappy Name: ?
Type of Nappy: AIO
Fastener: Aplix
Material: PUL outer and bamboo / cotton bosters
Size: One size

Reliability: 0/10
Absorbency: 4/10
Cuteness: 1/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: mark 1/10
Value for money: N/A I was sent it as a tester

From looking at the nappy, it appeared to be a fairly standard basic pocket nappy.
Nothing special. No extra marks for cuteness - ours was a basic plain white pocket nappy.

The insert was difficult to fold and get in the right place to get the right absorbance.
But it leaked really quickly because it was so bulky around my daughters legs and didn't fit well

We had leaks of poop and wee :(

The insert dried quick enough, but the outer took longer than I expected because of the tightly gathered gusset - meaning I kept having to peg it out in different positions to get it all properly dried.

Here comes the :puke: :puke: bit... the elastic around the gusset is so tight that despite 3 washes there was still poop between the creases! DH had to pick all the left over poop out! :puke:
He totally hates it and its never something thats happened with any other nappy.

This is a nappy which after 3 uses has been religated to the back of the nappy drawer, never to be used again :(
Life's too short for poop picking out of 'clean' nappies!

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews