hf1

Pocket Bots review

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Pocket Bots review

Postby tanya » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:15 pm

I'm gonna have to sell the one I have. It leaks everytime it's used :( I had such high hopes for them too.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:26 pm

The one we had was a lovely trim fit on Isabelle - had to use the right stuffing as they're quite slim between the legs, but provided I went for a poly outer found them quite reliable...

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby lisa0476 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:45 pm

fairystar267 wrote:i dont like these they leak evertime with my lo no matter what inserts i use.

i to have found this :( keep wondering what im doing wrong

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:41 am

Manufacturer: Pocket bots/cotton tots
Nappy Name: pocket bots original
Type of Nappy: Sized pocket
Fastener: Popper
Material: Outer PUL, Inner microfleece
Size: Large

Reliability: 7/10
Absorbancy: N/A
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10 (Price starts at £9 per nappy but I got mine in the £5 sale they had)

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
First Impressions:
The first one a bought was an instock item and came the next day! (pictured above). I was increadibly impressed before I even opened it! When I opened it the colours were so bright that I instantly loved it and the inner lining is really soft. It got worn everyday for a week and I instantly bought more. It is now part of my usual stock rotation along with others I bought.

Hilary is FAB and has excellent CS. I sent an email at 11.30pm not expecting a response until at least the next day but it was instant as is most of her replies. :D I cannot praise her enough.

There is a pocket to cover the insert to stop in coming out of the back but i found this more hassle to get pooey inserts out of the pocket.

The winged side snaps are fab. Love being able to adjust leg and belly poppers seperately.

Reliability:
This nappy is very narrow in the gusset. For this reason it is difficult to find insert and boosters that don't scrunch up in it. I do find that as some other people have said they do leak regardless of what they are stuffed with hence I have marked them down a bit on this. They happily last 2 hours though so as long as changed regularly we dont have a problem. I will add that some of the problem may be because I got the large and it might be a little big still.

Slimness
Not as slim as some of the other pockets I have. I can get jeans over the top but wouldn't like to as it looks a bit funny and is a tight squeeze.

Overall:
- lovely bright bold colours although outer could be softer. (Minkee coming soon I believe)
- lovely soft inner.
- quick to wash and dry so if you have extra insert it can be used everyday
- Well worth the money that you pay for it. A couple of hours could be longer but is still reasonable IMO.
- I love my pocket bots.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall comment: One of my faves!

These pocket nappies are brill. I have 5 of them, the nappy i have the most of! They are brilliant value, usually about £10 each but i just got 2 new ones in their sale for £5 each! They are lovely and slim in the crotch and have adjustable snaps on the legs and waist. They need a slim insert, I use a swaddlebee and a bamboo booster on top and they are still slim fitting and low rise. The flap that keeps the insert in is genius too! More nappies should have this!

Previous

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews