Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Neppula Review

Postby anya1973 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Manufacturer - SuSu79 :wink:
Nappy Name - Neppula
Type of Nappy - Pocket
Fastener - side snaps
Material - PUL outer/microfleece inner (also available with Coolmax inner)
Size - available in small, medium and large - we have size larges

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness (yuck I hate that word :-? how about georgeousness instead? :wink: ) 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: depends on how much you stuff it obviously - for us 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Fabulous!

These nappies are made in Finland by a WAHM called Suvi. :) I have to say they are the absolute best side snap nappies we have tried. The fit is fantastic. The PUL used is very stretchy which makes for a nice, figure-hugging-without-digging-in fit unlike a lot of other side snapping nappies we have tried in the past. We particularly like the elastication. Compared to other side snap nappies which have very 'tight' leg and waist elastic which leaves marks Neppula nappies are much more 'gently' elasticated but without sacrificing the fit.

The PUL prints are gorgeous. Very modern designs and not as 'babyish' as other PUL which makes a refreshing change. Suvi's customer service is faultless too. The nappies always arrive quickly even though they are coming from Finland.

All in all I would recommend these nappies to anyone. Everyone should have one....or two....or three....... :giggle:

Helen xx

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Neppula Review

Postby twinkletot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Manufacturer - SuSu79
Nappy Name - Neppula
Type of Nappy - Pocket
Fastener - side snaps
Material - PUL outer/coolmax inner
Size - medium/long

Reliability: 10/10
Cuteness 9/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall comments: A fab slim fitting nappy

Detailed comments: If you need a slim fitting nappy I would definately reccomend one of these. Mine have never let me down yet. Not even with explosive poo's!!! I've not had one leak from them at all. I have the coolmax inners and tbh when my first arrived I was VERY apprehensive (sp?) about how good it would actually be for ds but when he used it for the first time I fell in love with it! It fits perfect, ever so slim. No rub marks on leg or waist and fits under every pair of trousers I have put over them. They have dried in hours as the coolmax inner is so thin. I could actually use this in the morning, wash it and use again with different inserts in the afternoon it dries that quick.
A brilliant nappy overall.

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Neppula Review

Postby squidsin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Manufacturer - SuSu79
Nappy Name - Neppula
Type of Nappy - Pocket
Fastener - side snaps
Material - stretchy outer/coolmax inner
Size - medium/long (also come in small, medium and large)

Reliability: 8/10
Cuteness 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10

Over all comments: Highly recommended

I wasn't going to review these, not because I don't like them...but because they appear to be my secret so far, mwahahaha! But then I thought, if I do review them, then maybe bibsnbots will get some more cute prints in and I can add to my stash. So here it is: admittedly I am a bit of a 'nappy slut', fancying one brand one month and something else the next, but these beauties, made by a Finnish WAHM, are my current faves. Why? Because the prints are super-cool! OK, OK, I'm shallow - but if you've got a baby boy, like I have, aren't a big fan of minky fabrics, and want something other than cow print, then these are the answer to a funky mum's prayers. Bugs, safari animals, skulls, owls - they're kitsch AND cool. The nappy inners are made from a fabric called coolmax (which is like the aertex shirts we used to wear for games at school), and the outer is a stretchy fabric - I'm not entirely sure what it is, but whatever it is, it works, as unlike many other printed nappies, these babies don't wick! I stuff mine with a trifold insert, a bamboo booster in the middle, and microfibre on top, and they comfortably last for three hours - and even with all that inside, they are one of the slimmest and neatest looking nappies on the market. They fasten with side snaps, but because the fabric is so stretchy, it's easy to get a good, close fit, without nasty red marks on your baby's legs. Even my husband has been won over from his beloved BGs and pronounced our gorgeous owls and bugs nappies as the best ones in our stash!

Pros: slim fitting, fast drying and oh so stylish
Cons: not supplied with inserts so once you've factored that in, it ups the price a bit - and like all pockets, you need to get the right stuffing combo if you want to completely avoid any wicking, which takes a bit of experimentation; not the heaviest duty nappies on the market (my boy isn't a heavy wetter so I don't know how they'd stand up to that); you need quite a slim hand to get the stuffing in as it's not the biggest pocket in the world; and there aren't enough of them available!

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews