Size: Onesize

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: N/A
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: great!

Detailed Comments: These are my main OS pockets easy to use once stuffed, great for leaving with grandparents and dad's ready stuffed.
I recomend these.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Review - Blueberry One size pocket

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 am

Blueberry Onesize Nappy
Normal price £22.50 (including insert)

Reliability: 7
Absorbancy: 7
Cuteness: 8
Drying Speed: 8
Slimness: 6
Value for money: 5

Overall 7/10

Nappy materials:
Outer: PUL laminated minkee (various colours and patterns)
Pocket inner: soft cream microfleece
Absorbent inner: Blueberry onesize hemp and microfibre combo insert
Fastening: Velcro or poppers

First Thoughts:
Outside of the WAHM nappy business, these are one of the most popular commerically produced nappies, due to their soft, funky, minkee outer. These were one of the first "show off" nappies i bought and I was extremely pleased with them, especially as I had bought them on a special offer. Very cute, very soft, easy to use.

Grooviness:
They come in lots of different patterns and colours of minkee, including animal prints and camo prints.
The onesize version is much more economical than the sized versions.
They are easy to wash and stuff, and relatively quick to dry.
You can pick between poppers and velcro, whichever you prefer!
Granparent and childminder Friendly

I have used these since they fit my DD at about 8lb, and they still fit now! It poppers quite easily for 3 different size settings. The insert provided is very reliable and I use them in most other pocket nappies I own. There is plenty of room to boost the pocket of the nappy, and the velcro is pretty strong. The outer is made of 100% polyester so is not supposed to wick, and minkee does not bobble much so after many washes the nappies still look good! I have never had staining issues either. The outer dries very quick;y, and the insert dries overnight or in a few hours on the line.

The resale value of this nappy is quite high and preloved ones are usually in demand, so its generally not a problem to pass yours on one you're finished with it. Its also a well-made nappy that should easily last for a couple of babies and ive never had any problems with the elastic or velcro.

Not So Groovy:

This is a rather expensive nappy, and its also not the most reliable nappy. I find that it tends to leak after just a couple of hours (bearing in mind its the same insert i use in all the other pocket nappies) and its also quite bulky under jeans. However the insert alone is worth £5.50 so its good that you dont have to buy it separately!

As this nappy is made in the US,it also increases "nappy miles" and postage cost, although they can be purchased in UK online shops.
This nappy would not be suitable for night use on most babies.

Overall:

A lovely nappy, but for the price that they are now (i bought them quite a bit cheaper than they are now), I would rather buy WAHM made nappies who could customise and offer more reliable products, with better customer service. I think it is worth having at least one in your stash for showing off though!!

My avatar
vic
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Review - Blueberry One size pocket

Postby vic » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Manufacturer: Blueberry
Nappy Name: Blueberry One Size
Type of Nappy: Pocket
Fastener: Aplix
Material: Minkee
Size: Onesize

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10 (with bamboo) 9/10 (with Micro terry)
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended My other favourite nappy especially in Cow

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews