Cloth Nappy Clanger

ecobubs review

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Manufacturer: http://www.ecobubs.co.nz
Nappy Name: Ecobubs wool pocket nappy
Type of Nappy: Pocket
Fastener: Snaps (side)
Material: Wool, PUL and Fleece - insert is microfibre
Size: Small (comes in small, medium and large)

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:

This is a lovely pocket nappy from New Zealand which fits Grace wonderfully - their weight range for the small says 4-7kgs and I think this is probably pretty accurate as I can see it fitting her for quite a while yet...

The ecobubs website suggests this as a night nappy but my personal preference is longies and BV fitteds for nights so I've only used it in the daytime so far...

This is a sized pocket nappy with a very thin PUL layer and a thin outer wool layer, fleece inner. It comes with a square 2-layer tri-fold microfibre insert (so 6layers) which I wasn't very keen on initially and haven't tried on its own but boosted with a tiny bamboo insert this lasts ages and we haven't had any wicking at all!!
The insert for the Medium/Large is slightly different - a 75cm insert, snapped in half to give four layers.

I bought a cream one and then asked the lovely Hanna at flutterby fluff to dye it for me and she did a lovely job!

Have to say the fit is fab too... I'm not keen on front opening pockets but there's an overlap in the fleece and the front is slightly elasticated so the insert doesn't slide out and also as the nappy doesn't suddenly get narrow so it's quite easy to stuff...

Love it - if they weren't at the high end of pocket nappy prices I think I'd buy more! (and have them dyed by Hanna of course! ;) :giggle: ) Off to post a pic of Grace in her lovely LWI dyed on in the members area now :babyroll:

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews