No-frills Wee notions pocket

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

No-frills Wee notions pocket

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:14 pm

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: N/A (didn't use their own insert)
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: not tested that yet! Would presume 10/10
Slimness: 9/10 (bit ballooney at the front)
Value for money: 8/10 (could be quite pricey esp if you wanted an exclusives pattern)

Overall Comment: Brilliant!

Well I have to say I am VERY impressed with this... I was a bit wary given the poor reviews their frilly leg pockets have had, but these are ace!

It was on for 4.5 hours with a blueberry mf/hemp onesize insert in and although the insert was SOAKED we didn't have any leaks!

Fit-wise it is generous... The WN wraps Isabelle is on the loosest setting in a large, but the large pocket she's on the tightest setting.

Slight down-side is that it's quite generous (you could really stuff it with loads) so using slim stuffing meant it slipped down slightly at the front - it doesn't grip well - but that's possibly also because it's a side-snap design.

I will definately be buying more...

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:53 pm

1st review I've seen for these! Do you think I should opt for mediums for the girls then?? (was gonna get large as they fit in both med and large in the wraps although the med are a much better fit obviously!)

jan x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:56 pm

cow cow cow cow cow cow - why couldn't you say they are rubbish and leak all over the place :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have a look in the morning - I've had a couple of wines so if I go on now i'll buy one!!!! :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :!:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Go-on Tory, take a look!!!! :twisted:

Jan - you'd have to check with the guys themselves for the measurements to be sure but I think you would be better going for a medium... if they fit in medium wraps then the large pockets will fall off them!! (unless you SUPER pad them with HEUOWGE terries or something!)

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:25 pm

clothmama wrote:cow cow cow cow cow cow - why couldn't you say they are rubbish and leak all over the place :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have a look in the morning - I've had a couple of wines so if I go on now i'll buy one!!!! :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :!:

the cow one is very good too!!!!! :D
i put it on straight out the package with a blueberry hemp insert and 5 hours later (yes i know i'm naughty, but i like to do a thourough test!!) insert Sodden and still no leaks! yay!
i bought a large, and he is on the smallest setting, and i thought it was a bit big esp round the wasit, but no leaks! yay!!!

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mythreelittlemice » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 pm

I am a WAHM making pocket nappies and I bought a No Frills pocket a couple of weeks ago just to check out the "competition". Much to my disgust, I love it! I thought the price was quite reasonable compared to some.

Fiona x

My avatar
flamesparrow
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby flamesparrow » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:45 pm

I loooooooooooooooooooooove my no-frills - dubbed my "Delboy nappy" by my friends :lol: (animal print)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 9/10 - fab insert but a bit bulky
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10 - although insert takes a while
Slimness: 8/10 (bit ballooney at the front)
Value for money: 7/10

Overall Comment: Lovely lovely

I really like our Wee Notions pocket. Never fancied one of the old style but these are really really good and I love the crushed velvet type fabric we got.
I bought their bamboo insert before they brought out their new combo ones and I find it very absorbent but a bit bulky really so am keen to try one of their new ones.

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:31 pm

Charliemum, even though you ordered before the new ones came out I think I may have sent you one of the new ones :wink: A fold in lengthways 3 layered one, but we do a slimmer 2 layered one too.

Fab reviews girls thank you :D

Next

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews