PBPD

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

PBPD

Postby bryc1 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Made by:http://www.potbelliedpigdesigns.ca/
Fastener: I have side Snaps but they also do front fastening snaps.
Material: all pockets pul backed but loads of options for outer and inner, eg minkee,fleece cotton. I have mix of minkee and cotton.
Size: m/l which is now there new medium size. Available in s,m and l

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: n/a depends what you stuff it with I have used various different inserts and never had leak
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 6/10
Slimness: 7/10, bit puffy for my liking
Value for money: 7/10

overall comment: If you are after a fancy nappy for a chunkier baby then this is for you but I wouldn't have them as main bulk of stash as for me there is better options out there.

Detailed comment: I have 2 of these nappies, one minnie mouse on red/purple minkee with dalmation inner the other lime green with multicoloured hand prints on both are meant to m/l but they are different sizes but they were bought preloved so may of been bought new at different times. I find them to be on the big size for what they are meant to fit but despite this, I have not been let down by them we do have a bit of leg gape, despite Roxy having chubby thighs but nothing escaped. I love the fact that if you are buying new the possiablites are endless and if you are no good at thinking of designs there is plenty on the gallery to look at for ideas. They don't come up preloved that often but are quite pricey when they do as quite pricey new for me a some of the other wahms is better value though these fit slightly better. I found them very slow drying compaired to my other pockets taking the same time as some of my fitteds to dry due to the cotton design on top of minkee.

Image she is 13 wks here and about 13lb

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: PBPD

Postby twinkletot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Fastener: Side snaps.
Material: Microfleece inner and pul backed
Size: Medium

Absorbancy: n/a Depends what you stuff it with
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10

overall comment: Lovely nappy. Nice and slim fitting between the legs and some fantastic designs.

Detailed comment: I have one of these nappies so far but I absolutely love it. My ds is of a slim build and sometimes it can be hard to find nappies that fit properly round the waist and leg. This side snapping nappy does though. It has held huge poo's and that is on top of all the wees that have been done too. I have found no red marks round the leg like I have from some other nappies and none round the waist either. It is slim fitting (ie not bulky), so slim fitting that if you had big hands you would find it hard to actually stuff!! The pocket. That has to be the only downside, which is fine for me as I only have little hands lol. It is very slim inside by the time you try to get the insert to the front so really only shaped/slimmer inserts will fit perfeclty in the pocket. It dries almost as quickly as my BG pockets. Usually dry overnight. I didn't think it was too pricey, considering it is shipped from USA/Canada (can't quite remember which it was) I love it so much I am now on her custom list for more.

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: PBPD

Postby squidsin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Fastener: Side snaps.
Material: Minky inner and outer, cotton cut and PUL backed
Size: Medium

Absorbancy: n/a Depends what you stuff it with
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

overall comment: Gorgeous looking nappies and really efficient

Detailed comment: I have 3 of these, and they're my absolute favourite pockets - yes, even better than Weenotions! There's a massive choice of materials, including loads of fabulous cotton prints as well as minky etc, and an almost overwhelming choice of embroideries. In fact, it took me an age to plan the designs I wanted for my nappies as there was almost too much choice! But so worth it; I've gone with side snaps (although there's front or hip fastening available too) and even though the nappy is soft and squishy with a big pocket for stuffing (could probably make it work as a night nappy), they're a really neat, trim fit. I only washed mine once before using them, and with a BB OS insert, they lasted 4 hours with no leaks. The downside is that, to get your hands on one, you have to join a waiting list and it takes about 10-12 weeks to get to the top, but then you can order as many nappies as you want, and they're very reasonable at about $25 per nappy plus shipping fee. (I'll leave that in dollars as no idea what the exchange rate is doing at the mo.) I'll be going back on the list for more. Love 'em!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Pot Bellied Pig Designs

Postby Annette » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Manufacturer - Pot Bellied Pig Designs
Type of Nappy - Pocket
Fastener - Front fastening poppers
Material - minkee
Size - medium / long

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: n/a didn't come with inserts but I use a BB onesize combo insert and it is fab
Drying Speed: 9/10 - nappy dries really quickly, insert depends on what you use
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 6/10 - not badly priced but only available in Canada

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:

These are created by a wahm in Canada, Jen, who is lovely and really accommodating to my requests :giggle:

Sizing:
The nappies come in 3 sizes - small, medium and large but the medium has a really wide range. They have a high rise and really long wings which can cross over on the front snap nappies to make them nice and small. They also have a set of wing droop snaps to stop this happening as the wings are so long. I was sent some covers to put over these to cover them up when no longer needed which I thought was a nice touch.
The medium is a great fit on Ben still (16m and over 20lbs) with plenty of growing room.
The only downside to this would be a little more bulkiness than nappies with smaller size range.

Fastening
These are all popper fastening but come in 3 different options depending on what you prefer - side snap (like a sized WN or a BB), front snap (so the wings can cross over at the front) or hip snap which is a cross between the two - the wings come from the back to fasten over the front but fasten nearer to the hip.
I prefer the front snap ones as detail can be added to the wings and show contrasting colours which I like.

Fabric
They can be made out of pretty much any fabric - cotton, minkee, fleece or pul and there is a large selection of designs to choose from. The inner liner can also be made from either minkee, fleece or cotton. You can also pretty much choose any snap colour you like.
I like choosing minkee fabrics and getting applique and embroidery done on them.

I love being able to design them just how I like but Jen is then so creative and clever at making them look absolutely fab. But the downside if that the nappies are from Canada so you have to factor in shipping (and potential customs charges).

Here are some of my collection to give you an idea

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews