Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 4/10.
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:

I would love to say that this is Fabulous, but the colours let it down :( It would be so much nicer to see them in some bright funky colours! However, I do think all cloth nappies are cute, hence the 4/4.

Firstly, I want to start off saying that there are 2 different types of “Pop Ins” from Close Parent. The one I am reviewing is the Bamboo Pop In, the other is called a Dream Dri Pop In & is called such because it is made of microfibre & is quick drying, but not as absorbant obviously.

Good times:

•The Bamboo Close Pop In arrived in it’s own stripy bag (which is actually far funkier the nappy itself – Close Parent, if you read this, make a nappy like the bag)!
•It’s easy to use, there are 2 pop in inserts which are held in place by the poppers. The top one is snapped in so that you can fold it in 2 for a boy, making it extra absorbent, but still slim fitting which is good.
•I do find them really absorbant & I tend to forget to change him unless he poos! I’ve not had one of them leak on me yet & I have 8 now & don’t think they are quite at full absorbancy still! I find the pop in easy to dry in the tumble dryer & where some may still be a little damp, these are always completely dry & lovely & soft. I can’t honestly tell you how they are when line dried as I haven’t had the chance as the weather has been so pants!
•The Pop Ins don’t stain.
•The laundry tab is now in the middle of the outer, which is a small thing, but does seem to make a difference.
•The very best thing about the nappy is, for me, without a doubt the Dri Night Booster! I was told this needs to be washed a good 6 times before using, but being the impatient madam that I am :oops: I washed it 3 times before putting him in it for the first time over night. After 13 hours in it, it was still dry & not even a hint of dampness outside. Obviously the inside was wet! I am amazed at how such a slim looking nappy (even with the booster in) can be soooooooooooooooo absorbant! I am now raving over these nappies! I know they are one size, & if I am honest I am not sure whether they would hold up over night in a bigger child, but for my 3 month old they are fantastic! I thought I was on to a winning combo with my Standard Minki, but this is now my favourite night nappy & I have bought 2 more dri night boosters to make sure we always have one available at night.

Bad times:

•The poo does get “stuck” in the elastic, but so far rinsing before a wash has managed to get this out, but sadly not without staining which I need to get the sun on!
•The outer shell does “bobble” really quickly. I have put this in negatives, but I actually quite like this!!!! I think it makes it quite soft & feels nice!
•Again with the lack of funky colours & it does lose points for ugliness!

Things I’d change:

•Have I mentioned the colours?!!! I’d change them!
•I’d put something over the bamboo to keep it dry against his skin.

Overall I love them. Even though they are very boring to look at. I’ve converted my friend into using cloth by showing her these & she thinks they are really easy to use & out of the nappies she has so far they are her favourites & best fit for her son, so I would say they are a good one to recommend to people that want to give cloth a go & definitely a good one to get started at night because of the slimness.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Close Parent Bamboo Pop In V2

Postby joeli » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Manufacturer: Close Parent
Nappy Name: Bamboo Pop In V2
Type of Nappy: Pop In AI2
Fastener: Applix
Material: Bamboo pop ins, pul/polyester outer
Size: One size

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 5/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Highly recommended

Detailed Comments:
-We are using these on a 10lb newborn.
-My husband loves the ease of these. He's just learned how to snap them up (he likes to mix up the colours so he can tell they are "stuffed") and likes having them all prepared in advance.
-These come with two inserts, a large one and then a smaller booster. There is also an additional night booster available which we haven't tried.
-We've had two leaks in a handful of uses. One was when we left him in it overnight with only the largest insert. It leaked up the back. I'm sure this was my fault though as if I knew he was going down for the night I would have put both inserts in. The other leak was out the leg. I think this is because we're in between rise settings. The smallest setting leaves marks on his thighs but the medium setting is a bit loose--hence the leak out the leg. ETA: Our baby is now 12lbs+ and the fit on the medium rise setting is so much better. These are now our favorite night nappy.
-With both inserts in they are a bit bulky on a newborn but nothing too bad and they are very absorbant (we've gone 10-12hrs with both inserts and no problems).
-The inserts take ages to line dry (48hrs+) and of all our nappies (sandys, prefolds, and pop-in's) they take the longest to dry.
-I actually love the colours. The blue and the yellow are my favourite.
-I've also had the problem of poo getting stuck in the elastic but it comes out in the wash.
-Because the inserts take so long to dry, I've used the outer shells as wraps for over prefolds. I just trifold the prefold and tuck it under the flap which covers the snaps and they are still all made up for my husband to put on. This has worked out well though it does mean that my shells are getting washed twiced as much as my inserts (the shell needs washing after every use).

Picture so you can see how it fits on a newborn (I know it looks like the waist is going to be too small soon, but it's just because it's a bit bulky it's hard to pull the waist tight):

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews