Review Upsy Daisy nappies

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Review Upsy Daisy nappies

Postby Pinchette » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: N/A (it's a pocket so it depends on the insert)
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:

This nappy reminds a bit of a cross between a bumgenius for its slimness and its velcro fastening, a minki because of its thick plush fabric and a pocket bots because of its narrow cut.
It is a perfect fit and has plenty of growing room thanks to the velcro fastening. The fleece has not really bobbled even after 4 washes.
I had to experiment quite a bit to find the correct insert and I finally found its perfect match with a smart nappy insert boosted with a green kids booster in the middle. Absolutely bombproof and lasts a good 3 to 4 hours.
I am totally in love with this nappy.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:08 pm

fantastic news! can't wait to try one now :D

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:00 pm

i just bought two and think they are great. They are slinline and are a fantastic fir.

My avatar
artiezoo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby artiezoo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:45 pm

Not so keen unfortunately, although I think I'm in the minority as most seem to like them. I find it comes up small on my chunky monkey. It began to look shabby very quickly and it's difficult to stuff as mine has a very narrow pocket, which also leads to leaks. One for the bottom of the pile I'm afraid.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Review Upsy Daisy nappies

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Sorry another one who isnt very keen. Im dont think its as well made as other WAHMs I have bought, the stitching is off and the fabric has been cut very badly above the velcro so its 5mm on one side and 10mm on the other side - doesnt sound like much but it looks bad. Also find it difficult to stuff not only because its slim, but the PUL inside feels like a washing up glove and the inserts dont slide in easily. On a positive, the material is nice, and its a good high rise nappy, giving good coverage and it didnt leaks.

So one for the bottom of the pile Im afraid :( I so wanted to love it, and Im glad I bought it preloved and not new.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:31 pm

I disliked mine so much, I sold it on.

It was massive - far bigger than the other larges we have, and unlikely ever to fit properly. Leaked everytime I used it.

I also found the front stuffing on it incredibly fiddly.

Added to having to wait over a month to receive it in the first place, and the emails I received from the owner weren't the most helpful or polite - I know she was ill at the time, but a little politeness doesn't hurt - I'm not overly impressed.

Won't buy another one.

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mythreelittlemice » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:25 pm

For your information, we have changed the PUL fabric recently to the same PUL used by Fuzzi Bunz and no longer using the UK sourced fabric we were previously using. I've never had comments about poor sewing before, in fact usually the opposite but I obviously don't know which particular nappy you have, especially as you bought it second hand.

Tanya - point taken, although I do seem to remember that you hadn't read my previous emails about being seriously ill with a chest infection and being signed off doing anything by my GP. I was actually going to give you a partial refund as you were so invonvenienced but a little politeness goes both way you know :wink:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear a few of you feel negatively about our nappies. I'm glad though that you've stated exactly what you found displeasing about them- we always want to make sure that the nappies meet the customers needs, so feedback like this will always help us to improve them.

As Fi has said, we have now changed our PUL fabric to a much higher quality one- it no longer has that rubber glove feeling to it!

The large sized nappy is generous as we found that so many of the other pocket nappies, especially those made by the larger companies were very tight fitting (my dd outgrew her Swaddlebees large nappies before she was 2 for example). We wanted the nappy to be able to fit the child up until they potty trained which meant around 3 years in some cases. The applix design does have a large tab so that the front of the nappy can be "crossed over" to make it fit a smaller waist. Maybe a medium would have suited your baby better and a reasonable exchange is never out of the question!

As for the delivery time- it was a very difficult time for Fiona as she was seriously ill. Messages were posted on the website and emails were sent to all the pending customers at the time. I'm sorry that you felt you were treated impolitely but, if you had not read the emails explaining why there was a delay etc surely you can understand why temperatures became raised.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:09 pm

Ive only had good customer service from upsydaisy, thank you laydees.

The only downside i have is that the 3 nappies i ordered are too big :lol: so ive ordered 2 onesizes :hohoho: to last till Dafydd has grown in to his larges.

Can i ask tho, why do you have the opening at the front of the nappy?

Next

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews