Review Upsy Daisy nappies

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Review Upsy Daisy nappies

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Thank you Nicola!

The pocket opening was put at the front so that it didn't interfere with the elastic at the back and the insert is less likely to poke out of the front of the nappy than on a back opening when where it can poke out of the back if the insert slips down as they often can do.

Some people (like me!) find it easier to stuff from the front where as others find it a bit more tricky- the nappy is just as reliable as a back opening pocket. Some people seem to have taken a real dislike to the front opening system- a fear of the unknown maybe lol! But it doesn't hinder or change how the nappy performs or fits.

Its also a little quirky! There are a lot of American and Australian nappy companies that do the same and is considered the "normal" way that a pocket opens in some places :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:39 pm

I have to say the front opening does put me off now as I tried one of your pockets a while back, and while it was a lovely nappy, good fit etc I found it fiddly to stuff (wasn't used to the front opening perhaps?) but actually found the insert(s) slipped out really easily and wicked onto her clothes compared with a back opening pocket... Never had a problem with inserts coming out the back here and I've tried a lot of different pockets!! But each to their own :)

I was quite tempted to just sew it up and cut a hole in the fleece but sold it on instead :)

I tried another brand of front opening pocket which had the opening a little further down on the inside so there was an 'end' to stop the insert slipping out but as I'm used to the back opening I found it fiddly to stuff too so I guess it's just that front opening pockets aren't for us - shame really! :)

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:44 pm

I guess it comes down to personal taste, doesn't it? I can't say I've found front or back opening ones more or less fiddly. I prefer the front ones as I've got big hands and often couldn't get the stuffing to the front of the pocket on back opening ones lol!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Are your wool pockets going to be front opening too?

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Yes, they will be :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 pm

ooh, must raise some funds so I can try one then. :D

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:01 pm

I have just given my honest review of this nappy, and I think my comments are fair, pointing out the positives as well as the negatives as I found them.

Glad that the PUL has been changed as Angelsquidge has said it no longer has the rubber glove feel to it, must surely help in stuffing.

Anyhow, I am more than happy to post photos of the actual nappy, showing the stitching and the lopsided front of the nappy so you can see what I have based my review on. Will do it in the morning.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 pm

I wasn't suggesting that your comments were anything but honest or fair- like I said, it's always good to know what people think of our nappies (good or bad) as it's the only way we can make sure that they're improved and meeting everyone's expectations of what a good pocket nappy should be.

Yes, the new PUL doesn't stick in the way the old one used to. Its now got a smoother side to it which does make stuffing easier IMO.

There is no need to post a photo (unless you want to of course!)- I'm not doubting what you're saying. If the top of the nappy is wonky I can only assume that it was a genuine sewing error that just wasn't picked up on prior to sending out the nappy. We always endevour to send nappies out in the most perfect condition possible, but we are only WAHM's so a little wonkiness can be forgiven, can't it?! :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:10 am

I really like mine, it is the only fleece pocket I have and I think it is great, the workmanship is good quality, the velcro still looks brand new probably 1 year on. Just this morning it contained one of the largest most foul poos I've ever seen with not a leak (in fact if I know if he is going to poo I often put it on as I find it really bombproof!). I also have a few issues with the front stuffing, but I have big hands so just find it a bit slim (however the things I like outweigh this!!). Certainly the new less grippy pul would make a big difference I'm sure. I'm sure I have a review somewhere :? :? .

I hope Fiona is fully recovered, sounds like a horrible thing to have >:D< >:D< .

PreviousNext

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews