hf1

cushie tushies - review

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: cushie tushies - review

Postby Freyarose » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 am

cushie tushies (bought from birth2potty)

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy:10/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 8.5/10
Value for money 9/10

My daughter is 2 years old and slim frame, these suit her really well as not too bulky, never had a single leak but shes not a heavy wetter really, very cute designs.
I agree with some of the comments about taking a while to dry, but its not been a massive issue for me... sun room and airer and dry in a day..
The quality is high in my opinion

My avatar
mrs_beckham_the_2nd
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mrs_beckham_the_2nd » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Cushie Tushies Couture BTP popper fastening nappy with two inserts one snap-in & one extra small booster. Both boosters are bamboo topped with fleece. The nappy can be used for a tiny baby by folding over the front & using the poppers where you attach the insert.

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy:9/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 8.5/10
Value for money 8/10

My daughter is 1 year old and quite chunky. The first CT I bought was one of the slimfit ones, these were made by mistake or so I believe, they are not true BTP & only fit to around 25lbs so barely fitted my chunky monkey. I would not recommend the slimfit unless you have a tiny or skinny baby.
The original CT BTP though bought from Cheeks to Cherries fitted much better but still only to around 30lbs so no good for big babies or late potty trainers. The absorbancy is quite good but we had a few small leaks from around the legs when sat in buggy, pressure wicking I think. The prints are fab & material is super soft so a real posers nappy. I love to show them off under a pretty dress or with baby legs & a t-shirt.
However I wouldn't recommend for heavy wetters or for use at night. The price is also not cheap but it depends on how old your baby is, for instance a newborn would get much more wear out of it than a chunky toddler so it would be better value the earlier you bought it.
I do not agree with the comments about drying time though I have found it to be fine. I put my wraps & outers on the airer overnight & the inners & inserts go in my tumble dryer for an hour & are perfectly dry for use the next day.
The quality is high in my opinion, so all in all a great looking fairly absorbant nappy that is great to show off but certainly not a nighttime or everyday nappy.

My avatar
vic
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby vic » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Manufacturer:Cushie Tushie
Nappy Name: Angel spots
Type of Nappy: All in one one size
Fastener: Poppers
Material:
Size:BTP

Reliability: 3/10
Absorbency: 5/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 3/10

Overall Comment: Change bag nappy

I bought 1 of these nappies as I thought it was gorgeous but have been left disappointed with it every time Amelia has worn it after an hour I have had to change her as she is soaking I'm hoping that its just a one off and I have got a Faulty nappy but I'm not wanting to buy another incase its not. I think its mainly due to the design of the stitching around the legs as the material seems to fold outwards IYKWIM

Everyone else seems to highly rate them so it either must be me with a faulty nappy or they just arent suitable for Amelia

My avatar
mummymunchkin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummymunchkin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Reliability: 1/10
Absorbancy:1/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money 1/10

In a word (or two!) pretty but useless.

These nappies are so so cute looking but are just useless in terms of absorbency and the quality does not match the high price.

I also do not feel that these nappies should be sold as birth to potty because they really are not. Folding over the front rise is an inadequate size adjustment method.

We have had leaks with every use of this nappy and we have tried it periodically for 9 months.

The booster shrunk and curled up and the inner fleece has bobbled horribly. Thinking about it, the outer minkee doesn't look as good as it did when we bought it either (and its not like the nappy has had extensive used, in fact it probably hasnt been worn more than about 8 times!)

Really cute prints, but for use the nappy was just a total waste of money.

My avatar
jhunt
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jhunt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 am

i have tried for 2 years now, and these simply leak leak. go to someone else! they looked nice and we thought the design would work, but when you compare to a disposable, there are basic errors in design that now seem so so so obvious! what a waste of money, let alone the environmental waste we had hoped to avoid from using disposables. Gutted i bought the whole pack of 24 :doh:

Previous

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews