hf1

cushie tushies - review

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

cushie tushies - review

Postby beck » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:49 pm

Cushie Tushies are made by a WAHM in Queensland they're made up of fleece outer, flanelette inner with hemp sewn inbetween the 2 layers and comes with a matching booster made of same material with 3 layers of hemp.

Reliability: 7/10
Absorbancy:7/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 6/10 takes at least half a day out in the sun or 90mins in the tumble dryer
Slimness: 8.5/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: These nappies are good for light wetters only and I wouldn't really recommend them for over 8months or so.
Last edited by beck on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:37 am

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
drying Speed: 6/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall comment: Great WAHM nappy!

These nappies are very cute on, so soft and cuddly. I have had some leaks but it is just because Lil has wriggled a lot when putting it on so the nappy isn't on perfectly. Great value for money though and I would recommend to anyone.

Sam..

My avatar
blossoming09
Clothie
Clothie

Re: cushie tushies - review

Postby blossoming09 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:15 am

I have tried many many brands prior to Cushie Tushies - my ratings are;

Reliability: 9/10
drying Speed: 7/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall comment: The best nappy I have tried to date for my daughter :)

Once I saw their webpage I just had to buy a couple - now I have over 20. The best cloth nappy by far as they are so easy to use and very well made. They come with a 6 month warranty too, but we have never had to worry about this. Also the only nappy which doesn't rub on my daughters legs and they are made with the softest fabric. I tell everyone about them! 10/10

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:00 am

Manufacturer: Cushie Tushies
Nappy purchased from: http://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/
Nappy Name: Cushie Tushies - The Couture - All-In-One
Made in: China (designed in Australia)
Type of Nappy: AIO
Fastener: Poppers - front snap
Material: Minkee outer, fleece against baby's skin, bamboo for the absorbency
Size: OSFM (one size fits most)

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 1/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 4/10

Overall Comment: Don't go there!

Detailed Comments:
This is a very cute nappy, lovely and soft outer but I was sadly VERY disappointed with it. :cry: I really wanted to love this nappy with its cute minkee outer prints it would make a GREAT showoff nappy if you're not bothered about the slow drying times and faffing around with the inserts...

When it arrived the fleece inner was already bobbled despite it being a brand-new nappy, so poor quality there...
After washing the boosters mis-shaped badly and I had to stretch them back into shape... (the bamboo shrank but the fleece didn't so they kinda twisted and curled in on themselves oddly)
And it took TWO whole days to dry properly... I tried tumble-drying but the inserts were still damp and required another full day and a half before they were dry! Very poor... (although the cheeks&cherries website does say that they're a slow drying AIO) It's mainly the inserts that I found slow drying not the nappy itsself...

Being an Oz nappy sold in the uk it is quite pricey for what it is - £17.50 plus postage...

I haven't really fully tested the absorbency as Grace only wore it twice before I sold it on... It was a great fit on her with the front folded to adjust the rise, and both boosters in it (wouldn't even try it without them) and the giraffe print that Isabelle chose was very cute although it was much darker than the photo given on the website...

So despite being cute, reasonable absorbent and a good fit I do NOT rate this nappy at all, shocking drying time and poor quality materials.
I have nothing that drys this slowly even my thick night nappies don't dry this slowly...

My avatar
Rosieposie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Rosieposie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:41 am

Absorbancy:9/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10

I love this nappy. It's by far my favourite in a somewhat(!) large collection built up over the past 5 years. I have the bee-am off to buy some more as see they have some new prints in stock.

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Nappy Name: Cushie Tushies - The Couture - All-In-One
Made in: China (designed in Australia)
Material: Minkee outer, fleece against baby's skin, bamboo for the absorbency
Size: OSFM (one size fits most)

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10

Overall comment: love these nappies!

I'm usually a pockets girl when it comes to nappies, but was lured to try an all-in-one by the super-cuteness of the bee Cushie Tushie. I didn't really like Ittis on my little boy - they looked like they were flossing his bum - so wasn't sure what I'd make of this, but I love it! It's gorgeously soft, and really, really absorbent - I've had it for about a month and so far (touch wood) no leaks. I'm quite surprised at some of the comments above about how slow it is to dry, as I've found it relatively fast - certainly compared to my Bedbug or GK bamboo inserts. The only downside is the price, really - they are relatively expensive - and like all one-size nappies, I imagine they'd be pretty big on newborns, and not guaranteed to last all the way to toilet training. But it's worth it to have something so adorable and snuggly next to my son's bum!

My avatar
trixieb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby trixieb » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Nappy purchased from: Cheeks and Cherries
Nappy Name: Cushie Tushies Couture
Material: Minkee outer, fleece inner, bamboo for the absorbency
Size: BTP

Absorbancy: 10/10
Drying Speed: 6/10

Overall Comment: Can't help but love this nappy

Detailed Comment: This is by far the softest of all my fluffy nappies and cuter than any that are not custom designed. They are very well made and are very much a designer nappy made for everyday use. We get constant comments about how pretty and comfy they look.

Although they would not dry overnight, these are the speediest drying AIOs that I have. The nappy dries more quickly than the snap in boosters, so if you have a few they can be used in rotation with the boosters from other CTs and I am using them more and more frequently.

My daughter is an average wetter and this nappy, when used with both boosters, has almost never leaked wee or poo - other than at the legs before we got used to doing them up on smaller babies (there is a fab youtube video or go to the Cushie Tushie website) but once we got the hang of this the loose leg fitting was no more.

Sizing is a bit different from other BTP nappies I have tried, in that there is no poppered front. For smaller babies the front is turned over to fasten and once baby is a bit chunkier, they do up normally. The only thing I would say about the sizing is that babies with skinny legs may need to use the turned front for longer as they can gape at the leg. The manufacturer's error that brought about a smaller CT couture was ace as these are a better fit on skinnier babies. Having said this, I still use the usual sized lots and am sure they will last longer.

These nappies are lush and although not totally slim fitting because of their fluffiness, they are slender looking and fit under clothes better than most fluffy nappies - although who would want to hide them!!!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Nappy purchased from: Cheeks and Cherries
Nappy Name: Cushie Tushies Couture
Material: Minkee outer, fleece inner, bamboo for the absorbency
Size: BTP

Reliability: 7/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10

Well they're nice looking but more use for an older kid.

Bought one of these for Isis, who's 5 months, but it seems the nappy is way to big.
Leg gapes even when I fold the front.
No leaks till now but that's because she isn't a heavy wetter.
They're really soft and cute prints but well just not our fit I guess.
Doubting if I should sell it or keep it for when she's bigger.

My avatar
shawtin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shawtin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 pm

drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 9/10

Overall comment: Love love love them

Cushie Tushies are among my favourites. I have three of them, and use them lots and lots and lots and lots.

I use them at night, with my younger son (1yearold) and haven't had a leak yet - I just pop in both the extra bits that came with the nappy.

So far, I've not noticed a long drying time - but I've only had them since summer began, so they're out on the line in the sun and dry easily in a day.

I want more!!!!!!!!

Next

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews