Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: *
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
POSITIVE COMMENTS - I love these nappies. The x-small is a very cute and slim nappy for little babies. Its nice and narrow between the legs and is very adjustable for a good fit. The small on Lachlan is the only pocket nappy he has been able to wear without having loads of extra boosting. It easily lasts 3- 4 hours and I havent had any problem with wicking. The outer is nice and soft and doesnt feel plasticy.

The fleece inner is lovely and soft and hasnt bobbled too much. It also covers the elastic on the legs so I havent had any red marks - apart from when its been on for a long time (bad mummy!). The hemp booster hangs out to help drying. there is also LOADS of space to stuff in more boosters if you need them. The size guide is really accurate too.

NEGATIVE COMMENTS - the fleece inner at the back can sometimes stick out which leads to leaking, but this is easily solved by tucking it in. The hemp booster can be a little hard after being line dried, but softens up with a quick tumble. I'm not too sure on the drying time as I just leave my nappies on the airer until I need them.

They have a nice range of colours and prints but are a bit 'pastely' although the cow print is awesome, the pink spots on brown in lovely on a girl, but the blue spots on brown is a bit girly for a boy!.

SUMMARY - in the words of my mum (who knows nothing about nappies) "Why don't I buy you some more of those nappies - I mean they are such good value for money, you don't need a wrap and they work so well. You can't go wrong"

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Real Easy by hip hip baby

Postby Twinmamma » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Manufacturer - Hip hip baby
Nappy Name - Real Easy
Type of Nappy - Pocket / all in one
Fastener - Popper
Material - PUL outer, Microfleece internal soaker and hemp quick dry flap
Size - x-small through to x-large

Reliability: 10/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 9/10

Overall Comment:
Just Brilliant!

Detailed Comment:
My twin boys are both completely different shapes, one is slim on the legs and waist, the other is a chunky monkey and both are heavy wetters so finding nappies that suit both of them has been a challenge. These nappies have lived up to and surpassed every challenge we have set them.

Fit: The fit of these nappies is excellent - the leg and waist poppers allow for you fit the nappy to the shape and size of your baby and the medium size is nice and big with a good rise which means it should last a long time (even with chunky monkeys like Max). The down side of being on the large side is they are slighly bulkier than other pockets I have used but this will balance out as the boys grow. The soft fleece outer layer extends right to the edge of the nappy which means that the nappies don't leave my boys legs all marked where the elastic has sat snuggly against their skin. I love showing these nappies off on my boys as they have a range of colours including a cow print which is just adorable.

Reliability: This is where the Real Easies have come into their own. They need no extra boosters and have lasted over 5 hours :oops: on the boys (in the name of experimenting of course). They have also contained every explosive poo thrown at them. Simply put, there hasn't been a leak in sight, not even a damp vest leg. I am so impressed. They also have a good sized pocket to add more boosters which I am thinking of stuffing and trialling at night.

Drying time: My only gripe is that these nappies take a little while to dry on their own -overnight plus some more time during the day (they are normally left for around 20 hours before I put them away. With some good weather, they should dry faster outside and that will help immensly. That said I am not a patient person and I want my Real Easy Nappies off the airer as fast as I can!

These are great nappies that are reliable and work well on even heavy wetters, and at £12.99 each, good value for money too. We love them!

Last edited by Twinmamma on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Twinmamma wrote:Reliability: This is where the Real Easies have come into their own. They need no extra boosters and have lasted over 5 hours :oops: on the boys (in the name of experimenting of course). They have also contained every explosive poo thrown at them. Simply put, there hasn't been a leak in sight, not even a damp vest leg. I am so impressed. They also have a good sized pocket to add more boosters which I am thinking of stuffing and trialling at night.
!

I reckon its some kind of voodoo magic - I mean even if I fill a 'similar looking' brand with a thin microfibre and hemp booster - there's no way I can get anywhere near the same amount of time from one! :giggle:

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Twinmamma » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 pm

I totally agree. They are truly amazing!
Maybe it's a twin thing... I've just noticed your tag at the bottom, my boys are 4 1/2 months :wine:

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Completely agree next to my wonderoos who are also by hiphipbaby the realyeasy is a brilliant nappy, last for hours, and a good size fitting. :wine:

My avatar
boothyboysmummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby boothyboysmummy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:40 pm

i have just made these my everyday nappy,i love them,so quick and easy to put on my wriggler and last hours too!!i want more(just bought 7)

My avatar
carobooth
Clothie
Clothie

Postby carobooth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Manufacturer - Hip hip baby
Nappy Name - Real Easy
Type of Nappy - Pocket / all in one
Fastener - Popper
Material - PUL outer, Microfleece internal soaker and hemp quick dry flap
Size - x-small through to x-large

Reliability: 10/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness: 7/10

Overall Comment:
Just Brilliant!

Detailed Comment:
I've bought a few pairs in XL for my chubby 4 year old as a night time nappy. With an additional double layer bamboo booster and microfibre cloth, we make it through the night without any leaks. There's lots more room for extra padding if it were required too. I do have to use an extender on the bottom popper row for a bit of extra give round her thighs - once done, we have the perfect fit with no red marks round her thighs in the morning and I think they'll last her size-wise till she's dry at night. The rise is a little lower than I'd like, but given that we've had no leaks, it's not an issue.
I wish I'd discovered these nappies years ago - they're very reasonably priced, very absorbent and the fleece liner stops a wet bottom and nappy rash. They're not overly bulky compared to other night time nappies for older children. There's a whole rainbow of colours too! Can't praise them highly enough....
:lol:

My avatar
alcanpip
Clothie
Clothie

Postby alcanpip » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Amazing I've gone through just about every nappy on the market and these r perfect for ds 4 wow so impressed bought several pre love and have now found them in offer for 6.57 each, bargain can't recommend highly enough

My avatar
praditopradez
Clothie
Clothie

Postby praditopradez » Fri May 17, 2013 10:23 am

Do you know that they have changed the pad composition to organic cotton instead of hemp?

I have bought 3 of this thinking in hemp, but yesterday when I received I saw in the blend that the composition is organic cotton.

When they have change it?

Next

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews