Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 7/10, insert dries slowly
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: *
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
Lovely nappy, very soft minki and great prints, we have the ponyskin. Low waist but no leaks or other problems yet.
You can order a special night insert to use this nappy for nighttime, didn't try that yet but the normal insert is very absorbing even with my 2 year old heavy wetter.
Outside dries very quick, insert takes longer because it;s a thick bamboo one.
You can boost the nappy without problems, pocket is big enough.
Just a very cute nappy that does what it needs to do ;)

My avatar
xxxjacxxx
Clothie
Clothie

Issy Bear V2 'Day Baby'

Postby xxxjacxxx » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Manufacturer- Issy Bear
Nappy Name- 'Dig it'
Type of Nappy- Pocket
Fastener- Poppers
Material- cotton
Size- BTP

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed:7/10
Slimness:8/10

Overall Comment: *
Wonderful!

Detailed Comments:
This nappy and I are totally in love, may we never part :hug: I was completely surprised how reliable and easy to use they are. The prints are cute, about time we had some extra pretty nappies here in the UK, Thumbs up to Issy Bear for putting us Brits out of our nappy misery! The fit is lovely on my little boy and I know he loves them just as much as his mummy, he cries when it has to go in the pail!
Only downside is the inserts (2 of no less!) take a while to dry, but to be honest, with absorbency like they offer...its a small price to pay.

Seee how he loves his issy Bear!

Top marks to Issy bear Nappies from Jacqio & Leo :babyroll:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Issy Bear V2 'Minky Baby'

Postby rachymoo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Manufacturer; Issy Bear
Nappy Name: Monkeys
Type of Nappy: Pocket
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Minkee (outer)
Size: Birth to Potty (one size)

Drying Speed: 7/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
I really can't say a bad thing about this nappy - I want them all, in every print! It's simple to use, so great for nursery/childminders etc, simply fastens at the front with poppers, and poppers down to reduce the rise for smaller babies.

The prints are all SO cute - we have it in the monkey print but planning on buying more! (we also have some of the cotton prints). As for reliability and absorbency, well, it has lasted 4 hours with no leaks whatsoever. I have even tried it at night with the night insert, and it was brilliant.

The nappy itself dries quite quickly, but the inserts do take a while to dry. However, the fact that the nappy is so cute (as well as being so reliable) more than makes up for it. A way of getting round this would be to get some extra inserts so you always have some dry.

It's not the slimmest nappy we have, but again, I really don't mind this as it's such a lovely nappy. It looks cuter anyway, gives the baby a big fluffy bum :D

I guess they are more expensive than some nappies, but then the way I see it - they are also a lot nicer! Plus they are one size, and so will last a lot longer than sized nappies - so if you think about 'price per wear', it's really not that much! :D

All in all, I just don't have a bad word to say about it - I want them all :giggle: well done Issy Bear!

Here is Lilly modelling her monkey Issy Bear:

My avatar
topkat1989
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Issy Bear

Postby topkat1989 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:10 am

Manufacturer: Issy Bear
Nappy Name: Day baby v2 (in bees and cow)
Type of Nappy: Pocket
Fastener: Poppers
Material: Cotton
Size: Birth to Potty

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 9/10 with one insert in 7/10 with both
Value for money: quite pricey but worth the money 10/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended (especially for heavy wetters)

Detailed Comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! My son is a heavy wetter and with both inserts they last him a good 4 hours. Have some preloved ones arriving soon and have ordered some new ones (including a minky one!). They don't last him through the night though so I am thinking of getting some night baby ones. These are some of the best nappies I've found so far and are so so cute!

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Freyarose » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Nappy Name: Flower Power
Type of Nappy: pocket
Fastener: poppers
Material: Minki outer with bamboo insert
Size: one size

Drying Speed: 8/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous! Definately a favourite and i want more!!

Freya chose this herself at a nappicino, (stripped herself naked and went to ask some random to put it on her!! this child was born to embarrass me) i love cushie tushies and blueberries and really didnt think i could 'better' them but i have in this issy bear, the fit on her is fantastic as shes quite tiny for a 2 year old, very absorbant which is obviously why it takes a little while longer to dry when washed, but to me thats a small price to pay for such a good quality nappy. My next new fluff will definately be an issybear

My avatar
hedgehoggy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby hedgehoggy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 am

Nappy Name: DIsco Dots/Stars/Espresso Owls
Type of Nappy: pocket
Fastener: poppers
Material: Cotton outer with 2 x bamboo inserts shaped for the nappy's style
Size: one size

Drying Speed: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment:

I have owned and sold issy bears over the last few months but this batch I just had to have (the disco dots I sought high and low when the mini la la sold out of those) and when they arrived, I was immensely impressed with how much Issy Bears people have constantly improved on those.

For example, the version 1 only came with 1 insert which was bulky and an odd shape, the newer version 2 before the summer improved on this but the bum area was incredibly baggy and I found it difficult to put trousers on Teddy before resorting to larger size which was too big for his legs so sold these on. But this one - is a vast improvement! :loveit: There are no longer a velcro opening for the inserts which is great because it was annoying over a period of time to separate the aplix from the lining of the nappy and then to put insert inside again but this time, there isn't one and it means a lot less work and not having to separate the nappies from others in the wash when they got stuck together :giggle:

Furthermore, the two inserts are labelled as day and night which means I can keep track of which inserts go with which lol :wine: The manufacturers is obviously taking in account of people's reviews however critical they may be which is a great example other manufacturers need to take examples of :cool:

All in all, a great nappy and I'm not a usual mainstream follower but this one will be staying in my stash for a long time indeed - a very happy mummy and baba here :babyroll: :wine:

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews